atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Wellco Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 09/16/09 09:33 AM
Looking for some info on this paging system. Have a cust that has one in place..believe it has an 8100 controller..read that most of their equipment is Valcom compatable..i.e. 24v..looked at a speaker and it's a 2-wire??? What's up with that..Can anyone shed some light on this sytem for me....Thanks

...bob...
Posted By: rockmodule Re: Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 09/17/09 05:49 AM
It's probably a 5100-series system, which is a 45 ohm talkback system, manufacturered by Valcom. The amplifiers in the 5100-series are in the head end equipment and not in the speaker. Valcom paging systems (i.e. one-way) typically require 2 pair for each station, one pair for audio, one pair for power. Valcom talkback systems ( i.e. intercom, bidirectional talkpath) utilize a single pair for audio and since the amplifier is in the headend, no power is required for the station speaker. In most 5100 intercom installations, a second pair is used at each station for a call switch which is used to initiate a call to an admin port. Expandable to 360 stations in increments of 24.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 09/18/09 05:15 AM
So..would these be standard 70v speakers then instead of the usual 24v that usually are on Valcom systems? They want to add a few for locations that they have..(just for emergency pages) they do not use the talk back feature.

...bob...
Posted By: rockmodule Re: Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 09/18/09 12:10 PM
45 ohm talkback speakers are preferred, but since the customer does not require handsfree intercom on the additional stations, you can use a one way 24V paging speaker and a power supply where needed. Padding the input of the amplified speaker is recommended as to not overdrive the speaker.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 09/20/09 06:39 AM
Great....Thanks for the info rock !!!!

...bob...
Posted By: ICSD #425 Re: Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 04/18/18 11:59 AM
I'm new to the forum and just started with our school district. We have the Shoretel phones with the 5100 series building communications system. We changed our school times this year and now need to make the change for bell times but we apparently were never given the 5100 series programming tool. Where can we get that programming software?
This post is eight and a half years old and Wellco hasn't made a post sine June of 2014...best to start a new post.
Rather than posting here try Shoretel , you will get a faster response.
Posted By: ICSD #425 Re: Simplex / Grinnell Paging Sytems - 04/18/18 05:23 PM
Thanks for that. I see the last post now.
Have you checked to see if there are any dealers in your area? [Johnson Controls]-[Tyco]-SimplexGrinnell has about 8 location in Illinois.

As you may have found that there are location on the web that 'claim' to have the software for downloading, but I'd shy away from them unless the site is recommended.
Good Luck.

Hopefully someone has a better answer than I do.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help