atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: anthonyh wireless sensors.... - 09/21/09 11:29 AM
Has anyone tried using wireless window sensors in damp locations like a bathroom? I am wondering if the steam from a shower and the constant moister will cause problems. I have a location (in my own home) where running cable will be a very disruptive and difficult. I was thinking about using a wireless recessed contact and just wanted to see how others were handling this.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/22/09 01:55 PM
I have had trouble at only one residence that I used the regular 5816 transmitters. It is a older house right on the beach facing the gulf. The condensation was unbeliable on all the windows on the gulf side and have had to replace several transmitters. With the recessed type you are trying to use , I would think it would be pretty much protected once you have it in place.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/22/09 02:27 PM
I was thinking about the 5818..but I think it may be a little large for use in a window...I am not worried about depth but it requires a 7/8" for the transmitter and a 1/2 for the mag.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/22/09 03:24 PM
also thinking about the 5800MICRA
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/22/09 05:25 PM
I know you said running a cable would be a problem but is there any way you could install the transmitter outside of the immediate area of concern? What I'm getting at is if you went with one of the transmitters that have screw terminals you could run the cable to the most convenient location for the transmitter to be installed.

You would be amazed at how well a bead of caulk will hide a small contact lead along the edge of a window.

Just a thought. :toast:
Posted By: firefighter Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/23/09 04:07 AM
used a glass brk in the hall outside the bath room
Posted By: anthonyh Re: wireless sensors.... - 09/23/09 08:04 PM
I have glass breaks throughout the first floor..the trouble is the bathroom door is often closed, so it will not work. I may give bobby's idea a shot, I also borrowed a "magnapull" from a friend...I am going to give that a shot as well.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help