atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tom@tgcomm whelen esc 864 page unit - 11/06/09 12:28 PM
I have a customer who is using this unit to page in a very large whse building. I was not able to see how many speakers (horn) he has in the building or the type. The lift was broken. Can anyone tell me if this is a 70v output and what type type of power output the unit is putting out to the page system? The specs. show 4500 watts but I am sure he doesnt need that much. They are using the system to voice page off a NEC phone system page port.
Posted By: hbiss Re: whelen esc 864 page unit - 11/06/09 01:08 PM
You are going to have to do better than that with the information. According to Whelan the ESC864 is a controller. Besides that, Whelan is a company that makes mass notification systems such as you would find used to evacuate whole towns around nuke plants. So I can believe the 4500 watt part but why it's being used where you found it and where it came from I would like to know. Also, without further information off the amp itself I have no way to answer your question.

-Hal
Posted By: hbiss Re: whelen esc 864 page unit - 11/06/09 01:32 PM
With further digging I found this manual that may or may not be relevant. It's not clear whether a central amp is used or line level is distributed to amps located with the speakers. My take is that it can be configured both ways.

You also don't say what you want to do. If I were you I would get with Whelan tech support for their input.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help