atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Raul7600 Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 02:55 PM
Hello all I have a customer that has a Valcom V-2001A paging system and they want me to install a satellite radio in their shop. I need to cut the music to the
Speaker of the satellite radio when there is a page. My question is, can I install some kind of line interrupter ? I would like to know if I can get a signal from the paging system to activate the interrupter. I’m not a telephone installer, but I do know some..
Thanks for any tips
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 03:10 PM
The 2001 has an input for background music. The unit does the switching automatically when pages are made.

TAKE A LOOK HERE
Posted By: hbiss Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 03:12 PM
See page 5.

And I'm moving this to Security, Alarms and Paging.

-Hal
Posted By: Raul7600 Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 03:27 PM
Yes it does, but the person that will be listing to the radio is in a different part of the building. And they would like to have regular 8 ohms spks and not the paging kind. I need to have the 2001 separate from the satellite radio. The only link would be an audio interrupter between the equipment. Do you know if the voltage to the paging “horn” speakers is always on or does it come on only when active? If it does, can I pick up that signal to activate the audio interrupter?
Posted By: jwooten Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 04:29 PM
Depending on the receiver that you have, you may need to use something like the Bogen GA-2 as a pre-amp for the 2001. The GA-2 has two outputs, a 600 ohm and 8 ohm!
Posted By: hbiss Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 05:02 PM
So let me get this straight. You have a Valcom paging system in part of the building. In the other part of the building you would like to add a system with new speakers (8 ohm) that will carry the pages but also have the sat radio playing between pages.

Am I close?

-Hal
Posted By: Raul7600 Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 06:48 PM
you are getting closer, the stereo system in a stand alone. It will not carry any pages, it will only be for music "loud music" so I want to cut them when there are pages on the horn speakers that will be across the bay. I hope that helps more
Posted By: hbiss Re: Valcom V2001A - 02/01/10 07:52 PM
Use this. Wire the LINE input to the Valcom audio line that runs to all the speakers. (NOT the power!) Now you have a DPDT set of contacts that will change state whenever the unit senses page audio. Wire them as necessary to kill the friggin boom box.

Personally I would just fire the PITA's and get some people with a better taste in music.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help