atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pland ticking noise - 03/10/10 11:09 AM
all the horns on our paging are producing "ticking" or "clicking" noise every 3. second. As soon as I power off the ampliefier, the noise stops, obviously. The paging gets recorded by DFT120 from Bogen. I have tried it to power off DFT120 with no results.
Any idea what could it cause the noise?

Paul
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: ticking noise - 03/10/10 12:51 PM
Is there any possibility that a security system or the like be cross connected to a speaker cable??
When did this start?? Was there some work done somewhere to cause this?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: ticking noise - 03/10/10 01:06 PM
Sounds like it may be picking up a polling loop from a digital fire alarm.
Disconnect the input to the amp to see if it's being induced from the source.
---------------------------------
MrG
Posted By: hbiss Re: ticking noise - 03/10/10 01:36 PM
How long is the wire to the input to the amp, what kind is it and where is it run? What amplifier are you using? Give us and idea what this looks like from the paging source (phone system?) to speakers.

-Hal
Posted By: rustynails Re: ticking noise - 03/11/10 07:03 AM
Has this always occurred from day 1, or has paging been in place and just started with the clicking?
Posted By: pland Re: ticking noise - 03/15/10 11:19 AM
Thanks very much for all comments.
Actually, it stopped. I am still don't know what it cause. Yes, I did disconnect the source, the noise was still there.
May be our TOA amp is slowly dying.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ticking noise - 03/15/10 06:04 PM
Sure it wasn't your cell phone?

-Hal
Posted By: Jim Bennett Re: ticking noise - 03/16/10 03:28 AM
pland,
Hal was not joking - cell phones, cordless phones, PDA's, and all manner of other little wireless gadgets can emit little "blips" of handshaking/location/ID info, even when just sitting idle (especially when just sitting idle). These little bursts of RF can find their way into the audio of even the best equipment when they are strong enough. And of course, these things are tiny and hiding in people's pockets, so they come and go...

Jim
Hiding from RF noise in a secure undisclosed location.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help