atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bfdatacom Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/15/11 07:41 AM
A way to remotely access speakers or paging horns outside in a public place and direct public away from the area? Speakers can be hard-wired to some sort of amp. Internet access is possible as well as using a pots line connected to this system. Will be used by law enforcement in a particularly crime ridden spot. Law enforcement will be monitoring cameras remotely on a completely different system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: BobRobert Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/15/11 08:12 AM
Valcom\'s V-9940 page adapter connected to either a POTS line or analog port is one way.
Posted By: tim10 Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/15/11 02:07 PM
Viking RAD-1A https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=329#
Posted By: johnp Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/15/11 02:11 PM
RAD-1A is what I would use
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/15/11 03:32 PM
same here....Viking
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/16/11 04:32 AM
I"m just the messenger here https://www.valcom.com/pdf/pageguide1.pdf
The Valcom VIP-8xx set provides Paging access over the internet. It's not an inexpensive solution as it requires one unit at each site to send, and one to receive the page, but it works.

Carl
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/16/11 09:28 AM
Guys - I knew I could count on your collective expertise - please keep suggestions coming while I thoroughly investigate your recommendations. The system is for LAPD by the way and will be used to disperse the crowds at one particularly heinous spot on the Venice Boardwalk. Should we use paging horns for outdoor environment?
Posted By: tim10 Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/16/11 12:00 PM
I'd use paging horns as long as they are concealed and protected from vandals! They will give you the penetrating power you'll want in that kind of environment.
Posted By: Owain Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/17/11 12:52 PM
what sort of crowds?

Classical music has been shown to disperse 'youths' hanging around.

A Long Range Accoustic Device such as Hyperspike might be overkill. Technomad also have a wide range of exterior speakers
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/18/11 04:02 PM
Yes, we have visited the "classical music piped in" scenario. It is a viable alternative. We want to avoid getting into the music broadcast business since the private property owner is making all of this possible by providing electricity and internet access.
Posted By: rustynails Re: Any suggestions on how to do this - 07/18/11 10:18 PM
Take a look at these and dont forget to select a proper driver .
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help