atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Terry The Phone Guy Valcom VOIP Paging. - 10/27/11 06:23 AM
Hello - does anyone have any experience using the Valcom VIP 801 & 811 devices for paging.
I have two of the 811 devices at two different locations at a customer site. I can get either one or the other device to page but not both at the same time.
If I change the Auto destination in the 801 to match either device it works but not both at the same time. Valcom tech support doesn't seem to know much about this system and can't seem to help. HELP!!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Valcom VOIP Paging. - 10/27/11 11:45 AM
*******Valcom tech support doesn't seem to know much about this system and can't seem to help.*****

That seems odd---they're usually very knowledgeable & helpful.

Are you sure you don't have some sort of a problem with "broadcast" settings in your switches or phone system?? What kind of a phone system are you working with?? Just guessing, here..... My experience with IP Paging is VERY limited. Hope someone jumps in here that has done this before. Good luck.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Valcom VOIP Paging. - 10/28/11 05:49 AM
Do these devices use multicast? If so, you may not have multicast configured correctly on your network.

Justin
Posted By: Valcom Tech Support Re: Valcom VOIP Paging. - 10/28/11 12:51 PM
As the previous response noted, multicast is required for paging to multiple destinations.
Please contact us again at Valcom Technical Support if we have not adequately helped resolve the problem. Our phone is 800-825-2661 or email at [email protected].

Valcom Technical Support
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help