atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: whynot Home security camera options - 01/19/13 05:12 PM
After coming home from work yesterday to find the house robbed and trashed, it's time for a security system and cameras. I'm going to let a pro handle the alarm system, but would like to tackle the cameras myself.

Ideally, I'd like to have one camera inside the garage and then one mounted outdoors on each corner of the house with a dvr located in a heavy steel box that I will fabricate. I'm open to IP cameras or standard. I just dont want to have a transformer at each camera. Would like only one power supply. Also, viewing over the internet would be a huge plus. As for budget, I don't mind spending the money for quality.

Thanks
Kevin
Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: Home security camera options - 02/09/13 02:36 AM
If you are putting in a security system them maybe look at cams that are integrated with the system. Honeywell sells a number of different options all with remote access. Total Connect will send you alerts when the alarm system is disarmed or if there is a trouble and can include video clips.

You have probably already done something about the security system but if not then Honeywell is a good option.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help