atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 04/30/14 01:44 AM
I need to donate two outdoor cameras and a DVR to a local church. Most of the systems I see on Ebay that are affordable seem not to explain how the cameras are wired to the DVR, or they seem to come already wired with a fixed length cable. Also, they all seem to have a 12 volt wall wart included, leading me to believe that I would need to provide a nearby outlet.

Can someone recommend a system that would have two cameras, a DVR and use wiring that is a more professional approach?

My budget for this is around $200, if that's reasonable. If not, let me know what I should expect to pay.

PM is fine, or email me info (at) SIBTA (dot) com.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: brokeda Re: inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 04/30/14 02:31 PM
You can get wireless Foscam Pan tilt cams with a 32 gig SD card for less that 100 each. Don't need DVR. They give you a web site to store images also.
Thank you. Unfortunately, wireless will not work reliably in this very old masonry and iron church.
Posted By: metelcom Re: inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 04/30/14 10:26 PM
Last time I was in Harbor Freight they had a nice little system that was cheap not sure of the quality.
I'll check it out, thanks.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 05/01/14 03:41 PM
You might want to up the donation figure a little. You can get a high quality Nuvico Model No: CD-H2N-B for less than $100 each. You will need a siamese cable (coax and power wiring) to each camera. You will need a 12 VDC plug in wall power supply back at the DVR end to power the cameras.

The DVR is another question. There are deals all over the place for a 4 channel DVR in the $100-$200 range. These are basic units but will do the job. For just a little more money, the Nuvico ED-C405 which lists for $500 can be found for a lot less from places like Alarmax and Ademco.

Rcaman
Posted By: skip555 Re: inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 05/01/14 07:46 PM
harbor freight has a system with 4 cameras and a dvr on sale for 269.00 there is a 20% off coupon so that would bring it down to your desired price level .

its a email and I cant link to it if your interested let me know and Ill try to send you the coupon's

heres a link to it on their webpage
system here
Posted By: ampleworks Re: inexpensive security cameras and DVR - 05/17/14 01:08 AM
The Revo branded system sold on Amazon is pretty good bang for the buck...although higher than your $200 budget.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help