atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: meisgq Wireless Paging - 07/21/17 07:47 PM
My client has an existing Bogen amp and speakers that need to be replaced. This will be easy. However, they recently remodeled and would like to have paging speakers in areas where we can't run cable. They can find power for the speakers but the signal needs to come in wirelessly for those speakers. I need some advice.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Wireless Paging - 07/21/17 09:12 PM
"...the signal needs to come in wirelessly for those speakers..."

They're called "wireless speakers."

If you were to Google that phrase, you would receive 156,000,000 hits.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Wireless Paging - 07/21/17 09:18 PM
You also need to recommend to your customer that they Google "time machines."

Whenever one of my customers (soon to be ex-customer) tries that crap with me ("I just remodeled, and now I need you to come over and run wires in places that you can't get to.") I suggest that get their time machine out of the garage, go back a few months, and give me a call. The conversation generally does not end well, but I get great satisfaction making stupid people realize that they're stupid.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Paging - 07/21/17 11:38 PM
What Arthur said. In addition I would make them know that even if it could be done they wouldn't want to pay for it.

-Hal
Posted By: metelcom Re: Wireless Paging - 07/22/17 03:02 AM
Ditto on what they said but I have seen audio repeaters that use AC outlets for remote locations.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Paging - 07/22/17 02:50 PM
Carrier current. But I haven't seen that for years. Likely you might find WiFi enabled speakers. I know they have portable consumer type speakers like for a patio that are RF.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Wireless Paging - 07/23/17 02:43 AM
"...even if it could be done they wouldn't want to pay for it."

Oh, it can ALWAYS be done, as I'm sure you know, Hal. There isn't a wiring situation obstacle yet that I haven't been able to overcome. Just takes a long drill bit and prayer. Or Wiremold®.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Wireless Paging - 07/23/17 03:29 AM
Nahh conduit. For people like that I like I tell em I'll have to run EMT all over their finished ceilings. Heh heh.

Don't worry, once you paint it you won't even know it there...

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Wireless Paging - 07/23/17 03:00 PM
Well said.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Wireless Paging - 07/23/17 06:55 PM
You'd have better luck with a wireless extension cord.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Wireless Paging - 07/24/17 01:58 AM
A guy I knew who didn't want to run a single-line extension in a huge apartment (it would have been a colossal PITA) showed up with a 200' coil of 25 pair. Madame asked WTF? He said, "This is the new type of wire we are obligated to use due to anti-terrorism concerns. It rejects attempts at wire-tapping from satellites." She decided to continue to use the cordless.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Wireless Paging - 07/25/17 02:08 PM
"showed up with a 200' coil of 25 pair

That would scare the crap out of anyone....

Sam
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help