atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy Paging surge protection . - 04/04/18 07:06 PM
HI! I have a new customer , asking for quote Tel/Paging not working ,,, I found 3 Horns 10-15watt,, 1- horn is connected by underground cable to a building 120 ft away ,, now the cable is on a normal 25 pair indoor cable , which goes into a conduit , so it has no ground sheath ,, the main problem is the 65 watt amp is fried , , i have put protection on telephone circuits ,, but what to u normally use for paging outputs to go underground ,, its 70Volt out put , i doubt they will replace the cable ,, the Digital nortel phone is working fine on the same cable. Thks
Posted By: hbiss Re: Paging surge protection . - 04/05/18 02:14 AM
I think this was covered HERE.

-Hal
Posted By: Daniel Re: Paging surge protection . - 04/05/18 12:44 PM
I will typically just send the audio over the cable and put a second amp in the remote location and that will usually stop any other issues with sending 70v over the same 25 pair as voice. Then you can use your typical surge protection.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Paging surge protection . - 04/05/18 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Daniel
I will typically just send the audio over the cable and put a second amp in the remote location and that will usually stop any other issues with sending 70v over the same 25 pair as voice. Then you can use your typical surge protection.

Interesting, i thought the Nortel page port would be weak the time it gets 150ft. ??
Posted By: hbiss Re: Paging surge protection . - 04/06/18 02:30 AM
That could be. What you need is a line level signal and phone systems are not exactly audio gear. You could use the little 1W amp that Bogen (GA2) makes to drive the MOH input on phones systems. Just feed it from the page out and connect the pair to the amp's 600 ohm out. It has its own level control too. 150 feet is nothing.

ETA: Looks like the GA2 has been discontinued but there seems to be plenty on Ebay.

-Hal
Posted By: Daniel Re: Paging surge protection . - 04/10/18 04:06 PM
Phone system to Valcom v-1094A, then out to your paging amps, etc. (or maybe it was the v-1095)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help