atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a Valcom V-9927a that is used with our paging and bell system and want to use a windows program to provide the bell sounds.

I see that the V-9927A has a "signal in" for audio so I am figuring I can plug my laptop audio into that.

I cut open a spare stereo extension cable so I could have one end to plug into the laptop and the other end to wire with..

Which wire goes to which terminal of the two offered for signal in?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Look at the drawings on the next page of the manual. It appears it doesn't matter just so long as you use both 'Signal Inputs", I'm guessing it might be looking for a balanced signal.
Why do you want to use your computer to provide the bell sounds? Isn't that what the Valcom does??

If you don't use the Valcom, eliminate it and connect your computer audio directly to your paging system.

-Hal
Unless the Valcom is amplifiy the signal, or controlling it, like Hal said, why use it.
I can’t follow all the wiring...it seemed to me that the Valcom is providing the power to the speakers and also makes the tone when intercom is used.

As for why I want a computer for my bells — right now a relay that is connected to the Valcom does not allow me to do complicated schedules like every other day bells combined with other schedule.

Software scheduler on an old computer is much cheaper and easier to work with than any relay I could find that would let me do the schedules I need.

I would love to get rid of the Valcom completely but I just can’t follow the existing wiring well enough to get rid of it.
Here you go:

https://www.gearbest.com/developmen...hiOCI3QIVBSaGCh0IJwVDEAQYBCABEgL9o_D_BwE

Software is free from https://www.arduino.cc/

-Hal
So of these wires:

red, white, and ground

[Linked Image from overclock.net]

Red and White to the two signal inputs and ground to the GND on the valcom?
No. Those are two unbalanced stereo outputs. The Valcom has a single channel (mono) unbalanced input. You don't want to connect the two (right and left) channels together to get an unbalanced mono output either (as I think you are thinking) because you risk damaging your computers audio output stage.

-Hal
Originally Posted by amateurhour
I can’t follow all the wiring...it seemed to me that the Valcom is providing the power to the speakers and also makes the tone when intercom is used.

As for why I want a computer for my bells — right now a relay that is connected to the Valcom does not allow me to do complicated schedules like every other day bells combined with other schedule.

Software scheduler on an old computer is much cheaper and easier to work with than any relay I could find that would let me do the schedules I need.

I would love to get rid of the Valcom completely but I just can’t follow the existing wiring well enough to get rid of it.

The Valcom V-99227a is just a tone generator. There is a paging amp somewhere being fed by it. No need to get rid of it.

I'm curious as to what the "relay" is that's triggering the Valcom now. There are lots of different products to trigger bells.

Hal's idea is an interesting one. You can do a lot of cool stuff with Arduino and Raspberry Pi devices, you just have to deal with the learning curve.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help