atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Security Cameras - 08/21/19 12:00 AM
Are any of you using security cameras at home or work? For your own use, not selling or installing.

I have a couple of Ubiquiti cameras and their DVR, but not happy with it. Cameras used to have audio, but that quit, and the DVR isn't recording. Some of this happened after I poked around with a firmware update, etc.. And I never did get it so I could remote access them. They've been up for several years, and thought I would look into something different.

Would like a camera that records on an SD card so I don't have to mess with a DVR. IP camera with good resolution, remote access. Audio would be nice, but not a deal breaker. I want to stay away from subscription services, if possible (Nest, Ring??), but again, not a deal breaker if that is the way to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: Noobed2336 Re: Security Cameras - 08/21/19 12:18 AM
I have t got a camera I like for it yet, but if you have a synology NAS it can record several ip cameras.

I doubt if it'd be as good as a dedicated dvr. I thinking you want more than 3 you should get a dedicated camera/dvr from Costco or something
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Security Cameras - 08/21/19 12:34 AM
Check out this cam: https://www.wyze.com/

Going to use it when I am out of town to monitor the Motel room. Record ...Motion Detection...Sound Detection
Posted By: metelcom Re: Security Cameras - 08/23/19 03:36 AM
I got this to monitor my game room....works great and was easy to setup remote viewing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3SYFKH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Security Cameras - 08/28/19 10:51 PM
UPDATE and image capture. The green box in the image it the motion detector.

I currently have it set up in the living room pointing out towards our 3 sliding glass door. The can view the scene through the app on my phone, snap a photo, record a video (haven't tried that part), listen and speak. Also motion and/or sound detection. With the motion detection you can select the area of the scene that you want to have the motion detect...example: aim down the side of a wall with glass doors looking inside and outside but only having the inside active for detecting. You can turn the device on and off though the app. The app also automatically records and notifies you in a 20 second clip of the detection.

The sound quality isn't the best.

I had an Amazon gift card so it was free plus the memory card. Warning: the memory card that came from the 3- party seller was a Sandisk. Sandisk will not warranty the card if it is used for video recordings...found that out after i ordered the set.

[Linked Image]

NIGHT

[Linked Image]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help