atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a customer who installed a new Microsoft Teams phone system which is hosted

They are using Algo 8301 paging adapter and scheduler

To integrate with their existing TOA amplifier using Bogan speakers

The previous phone system was fine the new phone system not so much

They have three separate buildings with three separate amplifiers

They have to turn the volume on master control on the TOA amplifiers all the way up as well as the input

The volume is really low they been tweaking yet made some adjustments

Everything seems to be fine there for a while but now it sounds like crap again

I’m just wondering if anybody has experience with hosted phone systems and external Paging

And whether the Algo devices are the way to go or would they be something better out there

Thanks JD
What model TOA amp? How is the Algo 8301 connected to the TOA amp? TOA does make a SIP paging module that goes into the module slot of some of their amps, which would eliminate the need for an external analog adapter.

They have to turn the volume on master control on the TOA amplifiers all the way up as well as the input
You should not have to do this...
Our experience with Snom PA1 and Algo SIP Paging adapters has been good - certainly no need to crank the volume to 11...

Sounds like a physical connection issue or the wrong output to the wrong input.
Check the ALGO device configuration. Most amps are looking for a line-level input, so set the AUX line out to 0db.

Make sure page volume is bumped up a little, Default setting is 4 and isn't usually enough.
700 Series Model T – 24
A-T24
So I’m just curious when a TOA 700 series AT24 amplifier goes bad does it just not work or could it make the quality of the page sound poor

Also this is a small charter school and they play music over the amplifier in the beginning of the school and certain times during the day

Thanks!
This is sounding more like a faulty field wiring issue than an amplifier problem. Do you have an impedance bridge, like the TOA ZM-104A?
When you say faulty wiring can you give me an example of what that would mean

There’s basically a bunch of ceiling speakers (2) outside paging horns

I was recently out there on January 7th
I replaced (1) ceiling speakers and 2 relocating speakers

I haven’t been on site to listen to what this sounds like I’m just going by what they’re telling me

The paging system has been installed for about 15 years everything seemed to work fine with the NEC phone system

Then when they added the new phone system using the Argo devices

That’s when the volume level needed to be increased

And they thought it would be better to move some of the speakers around

I just don’t know if it had something to do with that what I did in the beginning of January or if it’s just some thing that may have changed recently

I don’t have one of those devices that you mention

TOA 140A
The Algo can be adjusted Walmart uses them on there page amps.
We have a lot of problems with them.
I connect the output to a 1 watt amp with a volume control to the page input of the Amps.
jim
Teldata 1
You can also use FXO port connected to the page yo u may need a valcom 9970 to answer the call.
Jim
juno has the right idea, I have always had much better success with an FXO port for paging than anything else.
You wouldn’t happen to have a model number for that one amp amplifier do you

Let me know

Thanks!
I found the problem which was causing all the speakers on the third floor to be really low there was a speaker that didn’t have any wire nuts on it and it was shorting out

This is a school so it was in one of the classrooms I’m not sure if on the kids had anything to do with it it’s definitely reachable if you stand on the chair

But I think I might look into that one white amplifier I just don’t have a model number yet

Volume still on like 10 or so

But it sounds fine

I just don’t like the idea of having the volume on 10

Thanks For all the posts
I knew it! There are likely more problems than just that one still lying out in the field. If you had a proper impedance meter, you could test all of the speaker lines, find, and remove all of the faults. There is no reason to have that amp turned up that high. You should also check all connections from the the paging adapter to the amp, and if there are settings in the paging adapter that may have changed since the new phone system was deployed.
Originally Posted by teldata1
I just don’t like the idea of having the volume on 10

Thanks For all the posts
Yeah...I can hear Marty and Nigel now....

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.
The Amp is a Bogen GA 2 1.5 watt.
JIm
OK so the painting seems to be fine the customer was inquiring about adding some additional paging horns on the outside of the buildings more for emergency/lockdown scenarios

I was thinking about the SPT5A or the SPT15A

The customer is asking me if they made a better outdoor speaker , at the time I didn’t think that they did but then I went on Bogan‘s website and I noticed that they have some higher end speakers I was just wondering if anybody was familiar with those and if they were compatible with their current system

Thanks

JD
Originally Posted by juno
Walmart uses them on there page amps.

I have heard the familiar tone when I was in their store. lol

Originally Posted by juno
We have a lot of problems with them.

We have replaced about 20 Avaya systems and used Algo in each one. So far no problems. I have had to decrease the output volume from the default of 10 because the page was louder than the old PBX.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help