atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Enwood Making a WE 464H (1A1) work on a 1A2 system - 09/06/07 10:54 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction (general guidance) about altering a Western Electric 464H telephone (which was for 1A and 1A1 use) useful on a Northern Electric QUJ8A 1A2 Shoebox KSU?

Also, still looking for anyone who might have docs on the QUJ8A.

Many thanks.
Tim
I was looking thru my old telecom books for the mod for changing the wiring in the set from 1A Key to 10A. Sorry I cant find the mod but I will keep looking. What the mod was in a 1A type set, was you change Balance/Hold leads to become A/A1 leads in the set. It involved moving some leads and I think putting in a strap in each set.
From Bob3470:

All I could find out for your modifications are for a NE 464 GC set. It goes in 4 steps. 1 Move Red Green lead from 1B to N. (hookswitch) 2 Move Red lead from N to R (Ind. Coil) 3 Move Yellow Lead (hold key) Line Terminal 1R to M (Line Terminal) 4 Move Blue Lead (Hold Key) terminal M to N I hope this helps you to get those old sets working. Sorry this is the closest I could find for your particular set. NE and WE were almost the same.
Thank you, Bob. That's still the best information I've had to-date! I'll give it a shot when I get everything together. Just for fun, I'll let you know if it works.

Best regards,
Tim
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help