atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: godfather latching relay for use with dial intercom - 04/01/11 12:01 PM
I want to set up a Melco KC-19 with some latching relays to use as a remote control switch. I remember doing this in an application some years ago, but I can't remember what kind of latching relay that I used. :confused:

Can anyone recommend one or a place where I can buy some?

As I recall I just used a 12 volt latching relay, and took 10 VAC off of the ksu power supply to power (latch on/latch off) the relay coil. Does that sound correct? I looked on Mike Sandman's site for one that I can use, but I'm not sure.

This getting old thing is for the birds. I used to be able to memorize phone numbers after hearing them once...now I can barely remember my own. :shrug:

Thanks...Lou
I'm thinking...was it 10VAC?

Or instead -24V SIG with a 24 volt relay that I used off of the power supply?
There are several ways to do it. This bistable relay
is the kind of relay that is used in a car to switch between high- and low-beam headlights. 12 Volts DC.

Or, you could use an individual icm code and relay wired to latch on its own contacts, for each control function, and another code to drop the relay. For instance, code "5" makes a relay latch, and code "25" makes it fall. You just need a simple relay with at least two form C contacts,

Alltronix alarm relays can use 6, 12 or 24 Volts DC.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help