atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi, I found an old phone that was being thrown away at a local business and I took it home. I was told the phone was in working condition and that I would need a KSU to get it up and running. However, I am not sure which KSU to get. There is no model number or brand name however I have found a website which has a phone picture that is exactly like the one I have. I would be very grateful for any information on this phone as I could not find anything. The website is https://seriss.com/people/erco/1a2/ and the phone is the Model 2830. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Any 1A2 KSU will work. 551's are nice. Look through some of the post you'll see some picture and topics as to how to hook these up.
My friend has a Comdial Executech 308BKSU. I was wondering if this one would work with the phone?
Only Comdial Executech phones will work on the 308B KSU. You will need a 1A2 KSU, like the 551, 501, 512, 584 etc. These were made by Western Electric, ITT, Automatic Electric, Stromberg Carlson and others. They are usually 99% or better interchangeable but there are some notable exceptions (like the WE Comkey) so check back 1st.

Like Bill said, the 551 is probably the easiest for a beginner to work with (it's certainly the smallest). It has a maximum capacity or 4 lines and was manufactured solely by Western Electric. My personal favorite of the small 1A2 systems was the 501. It was a little larger then the 551 and was manufactured by almost everybody. It had a capacity of 6 lines and could mount an intercom and a full size power supply internally.

Welcome to the board.

Sam
Ive got a 4 line 1A2 cell with some extra 400 line cards. Id be real happy if I could find a good home for it. Price is very reasonable.
Daniel: your phone CAN be rewired to work as a single line telephone. But, where's the fun in that?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help