atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 1a2jake Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/16/11 02:41 PM
I picked up a 2564 1A2 phone set off of eBay earlier this year, and ever since I have used it by shoving a couple leads into the amphonel connector.

When ever I dial some of he digits, it doesn't register on the phone network, and more importantly my voice mail password.

I was wondering if this has ever anybody ever had this happen? is it something I could fix easily?
Posted By: justbill Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/16/11 05:12 PM
Probably dirty dial contacts. Remove the dial, turn it over and you'll see the talk path contacts, the ones for the dials tones are on the sides. Clean all the contacts. If you don't have a burnisher use a good grade clean white paper, you can use alcohol on the paper if needed.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/17/11 07:55 AM
Lacking a burnishing tool, we would use a clean dollar bill, as the paper was very high grade and wouldn't shred onto the contacts.

If that doesn't work you'll have to change the dial pad.

Sam
Posted By: skip555 Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/17/11 08:13 AM
we used the dollar bill too the paper is thick and it is slightly rough but wouldn't you need at least a five dollar bill today to adjust for inflation and all ? laugh
Posted By: MnDave Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/17/11 08:38 AM
wouldn't you need at least a five dollar bill today to adjust for inflation and all ? [Big Grin]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted By: 1a2jake Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/17/11 07:48 PM
will Canadian bills work? laugh
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Touch tones not accurate on 2564 set - 11/18/11 03:53 AM
Just the ones from Canadian Tire... :rolleyes: laugh
I've found that business cards will work to. And a useful way to dispose of cards from folks you'd like to forget! :p
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help