atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecom guy10 13 line GTE phone - 12/22/11 10:35 PM
I was doing a routine 1A2 keyset eBay search, and I came across this phone:

Link

Are the keys above the (what appears to be a speaker) feature keys or just additional line keys they threw in there for kicks?

I think the guy selling it is out of his mind (and on a few powerful medications) if he thinks he's going to get $300.00 out of anyone for a telephone.
:rolleyes:
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: 13 line GTE phone - 12/22/11 11:31 PM
It's probably speakerphone keys for a 17a1 system and I'm not in a hurry to get my GTE Station User's guide to check.

I have one remaining 1a2 customer and they picked up a rotary dial 10 button set for $20. Wow, it was cherry.

Now if I can just find that Southwestern 15 station intercom, he'll be very happy.

Carl
Posted By: Silversam Re: 13 line GTE phone - 12/23/11 04:35 AM
It's pretty definitely a Phone off the 17A (kind of like the ITT 76A) system.

It would work on 1A2, but I don't think you'd get any of the Intercom/speaker functions working.

Not without some major hoolie-goolies, anyway.

Sam
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: 13 line GTE phone - 12/24/11 05:15 PM
Hmmh! Interesting. As Arthur would say, those systems are probably made of Unobtanium.
Posted By: Borg Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/09/12 10:25 PM
I installed this phone ages ago! It works on any standard 1A2 KSU; it also uses a small plugin wall transformer for the speakerphone. The buttons over the speaker grill are on, off, mute, and ?. This was a very bad speakerphone, very choppy. The 'on' button would lite every time it was in transmit mode, so it was always flickering on/off (very distracting to users). Hope this helps.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/10/12 04:09 PM
The seller is "laboring under a misapprehension" regarding its value.

Or, as my Grandmother used to say, "He's on crack."
Posted By: Owain Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/11/12 08:14 AM
now available for the bargain price of $188.50 ...
Posted By: jknichols Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/11/12 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Owain:
now available for the bargain price of $188.50 ...
LOL, I missed the fact that the original $300 auction ended without a bid! I thought someone actually bid it up to $300.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/12/12 08:53 AM
Seriously, it's worth about $35 to a collector, IF he has the system to drive it.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: 13 line GTE phone - 05/12/12 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Arthur P. Bloom:
Seriously, it's worth about $35 to a collector, IF he has the system to drive it.
That much? :rofl: Seriously, it was NOT a collectible piece.

Eli Whitney must have spun in his grave when AE made telephones. It gave new meaning to Gee handsets.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help