atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dialanumber 1A2 speakerphone problems - 08/29/13 03:10 AM
Anyone have any experience with a Bell Systems 2752 wall panel phone, 1752 or 752? I am working on a 2752 phone that has a bad speaker for speakerphone that has a open circuit. Anyone recall what ohm speaker was used for these speakerphones. Since the bad speaker isn't reading any resistance I can't tell what to replace the speaker with. It's next to impossible to find another 2752 to scavenge from or to check ohms of speaker. I have looked in every old manual that I can get my hands on and can't find specs for the speaker. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 1A2 speakerphone problems - 08/29/13 04:05 PM
Dear D-a-#:

The speakerphone system components that are inside a 2752 tel set are electrically the same as the parts in a stand-alone 3-type system. Those use a 760A speaker. I just pulled one of mine off the shelf and it measures around 28 ohms.

If you have a problem finding a replacement, I might have the guts from a spare 760A I could sell you, but I would first try building out with some resistors and using an 8-ohm speaker. See if that works.

Posted By: dialanumber Re: 1A2 speakerphone problems - 08/30/13 03:13 AM
WOW!!!! Thanks so much.

You just pulled one off my shelf? We want to stay in touch with you. Thanks again!
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 1A2 speakerphone problems - 08/30/13 10:47 PM
No, I'm not good enough to pull one off YOUR shelf. I pulled one off MY shelf.

You can stay in touch using that old reliable, the PSTN:

631 - 749 - 0100
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help