atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wh8428 ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/17/14 10:36 AM
On the 1a2 system you all graciously helped me set up, my primary phone is an itt speakerphone model 2842. Last night in the middle of a call, the speaker quit working. When I push the "ON" button the line button lights but I have no sound from the speaker and the "ON" button for the speaker phone wont light up.

I tried the obvious making sure the thing is plugged in.

Any ideas ? I love this phone but if I cant get it to work my next post is going to be about setting up a Nortel system at home and selling the 1a2

Thanks in advance for helping me with this.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/17/14 02:50 PM
Check for loose or disconnected connections in the phone. That's what I'd do first. Also check your power supply, if it's the type with the screw terminals on the power supply block, make sure nothing is frayed, etc.

One thing you could do is get an analog phone card (or some ATAs) for your Nortel system and they'll work in conjuction with each other. You can enjoy the old and the new at the same time... I did this with my 1A2 and Avaya Partner system.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/18/14 12:42 AM
Did you hang up violently on a telemarketer late last night? You might have jiggled something. Take the housing off the phone, and carefully inspect all the contacts on the hookswitch that make and break when you go off- and on-hook. There is a sequence that must be made to transfer from handset to speakerphone use. If you establish a call the normal way with the handset, and then try to transfer to speakerphone, what happens?

Posted By: wh8428 Re: ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/18/14 01:35 AM
I havent opened the phone yet, power supply looks ok. I actually had someone on the speakerphone, ran to get something and when I came back the "ON" light for the speaker phone was not lit but the line button was still lit.

Will check and report back.

If I do ditch the 1a2 and go to nortel, I see online that I can buy an inexpensive "BCM" unit. If all I want to do is drive a few T7316 phones, and all I have is 2 lines, do I need any additional equipment ? Forgive my ignorance, I learned the 1a2 as I went. I used to have a norstar phone at work and I loved the high quality speakerphone, it was almost as good as my 1a2 speakerphone.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/18/14 03:35 PM
Stick a voltmeter on the transformer, first. Maybe it died.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: ITT 2842 Speakerphone - 04/18/14 03:46 PM
Sending PM about Nortel stuff.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help