atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: [email protected] Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/06/14 12:50 AM
One of my 1A2 projects is to add a Busy Lamp lead to each of my multi-button sets. Regardless of the set type, all the BSPs indicate to use a KS-15724 List-1 diode. Any help in locating some of these diodes, or what I could use a a substitute, would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/06/14 01:42 AM
1N4001 diodes will work. 50 volts, 1 amp. Click the link to get 25 of them @ $0.04 with free shipping.

CLICK

Or do an Ebay search for "1N4001".
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/06/14 10:21 PM
Thanks Arthur; the eBay price was certainly low from Bangkok, nothing to lose if they don't come through; main thing is I know what the equivalents to order are from US eBay sellers. Would never have got diode value from the BSP part number. Jim
Posted By: Silversam Re: Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/07/14 02:51 AM
I seem to remember using IN4004 diodes. I don't believe there was much difference. If you can't find 4001s......

Sam
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/07/14 06:01 AM
YW, Jim.

Sam, 1N4004 are the ones we used for CMB ringing matrix. Voltage for those is 400 volts, more than adequate for 90 volt ringing.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Busy Lamp Diodes - 06/07/14 01:19 PM
Arthur, once again you're correct. As I recall, we actually just stocked the 4004s and used them for everything.....

But we are talking a long, long time ago.

BLFs were very popular. Sometimes we just used the Hold button lamp to let people know the Boss was on the phone (and NOT to be disturbed!) while sometimes we had a
fairly large panel with 20, 30 or more lamps for the receptionist/answering position.

ITT used to make a 10 button phone where the slot for the next 10 buttons was taken up by a BLF that used some odd little lamps (I think it squeezed 20 lamps into the spot taken up by a single keystrip). It was very popular with our customers.

Sam
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help