atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecom guy10 That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/26/14 08:33 AM
Check this out, guys:

C L I C K

Posted By: Dimension Seven Re: That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/26/14 08:05 PM
I saw that yesterday and was thinking that it was an interesting setup. I was wondering what some of those KTUs were
Posted By: cvrbob Re: That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/26/14 10:44 PM
they are all line cards , with power and a intercom 207,which was the next setup when a shoebox was not enough, find many of these and full swing rack around here still in phone rooms after all these years
Posted By: Silversam Re: That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/26/14 11:04 PM
You've got a lot of 400 line cards in a 584 panel on top. On the bottom you've got a bunch of older relay equipment: The 207 is a 9 station rotary only intercom. The 216 is a 9 station expander for the intercom, giving you a total of 18 dialing codes. There is a real old interruptor on the bottom right. The 24 V FLT is, I believe a filter to produce 24 Volt "A" Battery from an unfiltered ("B") source. The 225 KTU is a long line adapter that allowed you to connect an off premise intercom station over a single pair.

Actually, now that I think about it, it looks like the stuff on the bottom is for a 6A Intercom. Some missing components though.....

Sam
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/27/14 03:00 PM
Probably would still work as designed. After all these years. Sure don't make them like that anymore.
Posted By: njh621 Re: That's a lot of KTUs! - 11/27/14 08:07 PM
A fully-loaded 584 rack is a very pretty sight. I have 13 400E KTUs in my SC 584A and it looks pretty cool.

Originally Posted by cvrbob
they are all line cards , with power and a intercom 207,which was the next setup when a shoebox was not enough, find many of these and full swing rack around here still in phone rooms after all these years

I wish I could find idle 1A2 gear in our closets! All I can find around here is chopped 25 pair and empty backboards. Maybe I should make nice with the local installers...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help