atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ChrisRR 451B MOH card, Leaking? - 01/23/16 05:41 PM
This morning, a call came in on line 3, and it also rang up on line 4. After poking around for awhile, thinking I made a wiring error, I nailed it down to the MOH card. Once I pulled the card, the problem went away. When all the wiring checked out, I looked closely at the card and it looked like someone had spilled coke or some kind of sticky soda on it. Since I kind of doubt that's the case, I was left wondering if one of the isolation transformers was leaking something onto the board. I know there is a known issue with the 400D cards leaking the green slime, it stands to reason WECO may have put something in the transformers that could potentially leak out. I'm attempting to clean the junk off, but it's tough stuff. Has anyone heard of this before with this card?
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: 451B MOH card, Leaking? - 01/23/16 06:37 PM
Finally got it cleaned up. Water didn't do anything, neither did mild soap, windex, or even "Goof Off". Not that I wanted to, but it finally took acetone to get the goop off the board. After a thorough rinse and dry, everything is A-OK.
Posted By: justbill Re: 451B MOH card, Leaking? - 01/23/16 06:46 PM
That's probably the varnish they put on the coils of the relays to insulate them, usually happens when they overheat. If I'm wrong Arthur will be around to correct me.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: 451B MOH card, Leaking? - 01/23/16 09:37 PM
Even if you're not wrong, I'll be around to correct you. That's one of my many charms.
Posted By: justbill Re: 451B MOH card, Leaking? - 01/23/16 10:50 PM
That's what we like about you Arthur. aok
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help