atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: morephones Empty lamp socket for hold buttons? - 08/28/18 08:04 PM
Hi everyone.

I notice while I was working on my phones that I notice that all of them have a empty lamp socket for the hold button. I was wondering what was the purpose or the use for that? Could you wire it up to do anything cool like light up when the phone buzzes? I can one use would be storing a extra bulb in case one burned out.

Also what is the proper way to remove and install the bulbs in the 2830 or call director phones. It seems its not the easiest thing to so as I already broke a bulb or two to replace a burned out one.

Thanks Brian

Posted By: cvrbob Re: Empty lamp socket for hold buttons? - 08/28/18 08:37 PM
most of times as a message waiting lamp, . Ma gave a lamp puller, but i used a short straw to pull out lamps ,as I carried one with 51A on one end and a 52A on the other end to test with
Posted By: Silversam Re: Empty lamp socket for hold buttons? - 08/29/18 12:46 AM
The lamp under the hold button could be used for a variety of purposes (Here are a few - in no particular order):
- Busy Lamp. Someone important is on the phone (usually the boss)
- A special circuit is in use (PA system for example)
- The boss has a private line that doesn't appear on anyone else's phone. He/She does not want to be bothered when he's on his PL. If you see that lamp lit - don't buzz him/her or barge in.
- Stromberg-Carlson phones and some "special" WECO sets offered a "Buttons up" intercom (When all line keys were in the up position, going off hook connected you to an Intercom). The lamp under the hold button was the lamp for that intercom

A lamp extractor is the approved tool for removing lamps.

Sam
Posted By: cvrbob Re: Empty lamp socket for hold buttons? - 08/30/18 07:37 PM
the lamp extractor that sam is talking about ,can be found AT Sandman.com/telhist.html, I always lost them. or misplace them, and din't have room on my pouch
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help