atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: morephones Adding intercom to 5th line of a 551 KSU - 08/23/19 04:20 AM
Hi Guys,

I was thinking of adding a Valcom v-110rt to my 551B KSU but on line 5.. I really do not want to lose any of the 4 lines if I do not have to. Looking over the installation sheet for the Valcom v-110rt it looks like its possible to use the 5th line leads. I only have 2 phones now but I could have a total of 4 down the road. What I have in mind, install a mini 66 block and the Valcom v-110rt out side of the KSU on the side on the wall. Of course no room in the KSU....

What your thoughts on this and has anyone does this before on a 551 KSU who does not want to give up any of the 4 lines....

Thanks
I'm not familiar with the V-110RT, but if it's like all the other pre-packaged intercom units it has nothing to do with the 4 card slots in the KSU.

As you suggest, you should install a separate 66 block and connect the intercom to it. Provide power and then connect to the phones on line 5.

The number of phones you have on a system has nothing to do with the number of card slots in the KSU. You can have two CO lines, a 401PA to access a Public Address system and a 415 card for a tie line and have those lines appear on 10 phones.

Sam
Just like it says on page 2 of the Instruction Manual

Connections

1. Fasten a 25 pair female amphenol ended cable to the unit and terminate all leads on a 66 type block
2. Strap A ground, B ground and lamp ground audible signal ground common at power supply.
3. Refer to Figure 1 for connecting block layout and connections.
4. Refer to Figure 2 for connections to 1A2 Key Systems.
Thanks guys
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help