atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: morephones Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/23/19 04:31 AM
Hi,

What would be the best way to add music on hold to a 501 KSU and I do not care about cross talk. I do have the ITT 400E line cards and I tasted MOH on line 1 with pins 3 and 18 and it seems to work, But how would I connect them to all 4 lines??? I'm thinking about soldering some wire to the pins of each card and then daisy chain them at the music source.. I do not know any other why to make the wire stay on the pin...... Or just cut the wire at the pin and do a UR Wire Connector.

Any thoughts on this? Like I said I do not care of the issues of cross talk at all as the system is in my hold and I never put more then one person on hold.

Thanks Brian
Posted By: Silversam Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/23/19 11:12 AM
You want to use a wire wrapping tool to attach the wires to the pins.

I'm trying to remember, I'm going to have to check the prints when I can....

On a 501 KSU are pins 3 &18 brought down to the punch block so you could strap AB & AG to them (for use with 415 & 401 cards)? If so, then all you have to do is punch down the music source there.

It's been a long time and my memoriy is not what it used to be. I'll have to check.

Sam
Posted By: morephones Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/23/19 02:14 PM
Hi Sam,

Would you strap the AB & AG from the power supply too? I know the manual intercom will not work in the other slots only the last one....
Posted By: morephones Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/24/19 04:19 AM
I hooked up two lines and you get music on line one with out putting it on hold.. So I guess you do need a MOH card for everything to work right.... MOH on hold on only line is okay with me....

Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/24/19 03:41 PM
What are you using for a MOH source?

One of these?
or perhaps following this?
Posted By: morephones Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/25/19 02:17 AM
I just took a old boombox and connected it to pins 3 and 18 back if the card slot.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/25/19 03:56 AM
That's fine for just one line. You have to be extra careful to ensure that these pins aren't wired for AB and AG (-24VDC talk battery). If you want to provide music on hold easily (without the MOH card), you can use San/Bar's SB4200 series line cards if you can find them. They have isolated MOH inputs so you can just parallel connect your music source to pins 3/18 of each slot.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/25/19 11:42 AM
What Ed said. As always, he's on the $.

Sam
Posted By: morephones Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/25/19 04:25 PM
Thanks Guys,

If I want to add music to the other lines with out a MOH card, I would just make sure that pins 3 and 18 are not connected to AB and AG? I dont think they are as manual intercom cards and tie line cards would not work in the slots.

I notice while connecting two lines together on pins 3 and 18 I had music on the line with out putting it on hold so it sounds like you must have something line the San/Bar's SB4200 if you want music on hold on multiple lines.

Thanks
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Adding MOH to a 501 KSU - 08/25/19 05:02 PM
SB4201A

The music is transmitted from the SB4201A to the SB4200A line cards on pins 3 and 18
via common straps in the KSU. One SB4201A is normally sufficient to provide a music
source for an entire key system.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help