atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi Guys,

Would any one have or would know where I could find the installation manual for a Melco KA-390 Direct Paging Access??? I searched but no luck....

Obviously, I know how to to hook up tip/ring. A and B grounds but not the ATN1 and ATN2.

Would any of you guys know how this unit gets activated?? Maybe you have dial a code or is it live when you pick up the line?

Thanks

[Linked Image]
https://www.telephonecollectors.inf...9-melco-ka380-paging-adapter-051909/file
Good catch! Nicely done!

Sam

Manual is located there ⬆
Strap ATN1 and ATN2 to generate a tone before paging.
Activate by accessing your External Paging on whatever system it is connected to.
Dean,

it sounds like the device is activated when you pick up the line instead of dialing a code, like a dedicated line just for paging. Also sounds like it would not work on a intercom line that has a dial selective unit. I was hoping that this would work with my dial selective intercom.

Also thanks for the link for the manual jknichols .
Originally Posted by morephones
Dean,

it sounds like the device is activated when you pick up the line instead of dialing a code, like a dedicated line just for paging.

Yes, my bad.
I hooked it up and it just works fine, you do need a dedicated line for it to work. It will not work with a dial selective intercom on the same line as it activated when you pick up the line. If anyone is interested I can let it go for $20.00 shipped, just send me a PM.

Thanks
You could probably get it to work on the DICM by having a code pull in a relay that would switch ICM T&R onto the paging circuit.

Sam
Thanks Sam, what type of relay would that be?
Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-Remote-Controller-Switch-Module/dp/B079Z67KL7
Or an Altronix RB1224
We use the Elk and Altronix relays for all kinds of fun stuff.
Any ideas on how I could wire the Altronix RB1224 to work with a dial selective intercom unit to activate the Melco unit?
Many DICMs had an INH (?) lead that provided a ground when the ICM was engaged. Tha could be used to hold up a relay. If you have your buzzers leaning on battery and use the DICM to send ground you can use that ground to close a relay. It's been a while since I've done it, but it's not hard. We used to use WECO/NT 17B KTUs. They were -24VDC DPDT relays.

Sam
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help