atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Greg Ercolano KSU manual / 1A2 equipment overview - 11/27/20 06:31 PM
Hi All, hope you all had a good thanksgiving!

I've been busy making these single board 1a2 KSU's for a while now, on serial number 57 at this point, and up to revision J.
[Linked Image from seriss.com]
Making a manual for this puppy has been an interesting side project; I realized many of the people wanting these boards are hobbiests with little exposure to 1A2 equipment, and other than simply plugging phones into the board, are at a loss as to how to deploy a working home phone system.

So I decided to add some sections about CPC connectors, 66E3-25's, cables, 66 blocks, ring generators, etc. to the manual, which became more and more an overview of 1a2 equipment. As such, thought you all might find it interesting post-holiday reading:

>> Seriss 1A2 KSU Manual <<

Still a work in progress, not sure if I'll ever be "done" with it, lol. Feedback welcome.
Tried to keep it in the spirit of the BSP's; it's actually easier to follow an existing manual format than make up a new one.

Sure has been a fun project.. grew from a weekend hobby into a full on production that takes up a good part of my living room, and half my electronics office. Never thought the manual would be a big deal, but it sure turned into one.
I must say...not only is you KSU smaller, so is the documentation!

Great reading!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: KSU manual / 1A2 equipment overview - 11/28/20 12:47 AM
Great documentation, both clear and concise. Thanks for the mention on page 6!
Posted By: Silversam Re: KSU manual / 1A2 equipment overview - 11/29/20 03:53 AM
Well done, Greg! I am impressed. Very professional!

Sam
Thanks guys! Yes, Ed, I couldn't really have written that bit about the K -> A modification better, so I just quoted you directly : D More convincing too that it's standard 1A2 operating procedure.

I was surprised to find polarity of the bell wiring matters. I figured bells were AC and could ring off either side of the AC wave, but the single bells are in fact sensitive and only ring on one side of the wave.
Posted By: morephones Re: KSU manual / 1A2 equipment overview - 12/22/20 07:19 AM
Well done, Greg.........
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help