atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dexman Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/03/22 05:01 PM
I've been corresponding with a poster over on the Verizon message boards. I've been providing info concerning FiOS telephone service. Not being able to ID the telephone system, I requested pictures.

The OP has a 1A2! shocked

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/home-phone/malfunctioning-pots/m-p/918197#M19877

I suggested that all of the telephone system hardware be put up for sale if Optimum provides new hardware (no FiOS in the area).
Posted By: Greg Ercolano Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/03/22 05:25 PM
Nice!

Regarding Caller ID, one could probably wire a Caller ID display directly into the 1A2 phone set, e.g. wire to Line #1's T/R pair inside the 1A2 phone (1T/1R).

I believe the T/R pairs are "live" at all times in the 1A2 phone sets, so it can probably pick off the caller ID data from the line so it shows up at the phone set.

Doesn't look like they got a picture of the KSU, but this looks like it might be an intercom unit:
https://forums.verizon.com/t5/image...C904A6C/image-size/large?v=v2&px=999
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/04/22 09:35 AM
While it's true that traditional 1A1/1A2 systems provided 'live' appearances of all lines at every set, there may be ways to streamline things. Do you think the original poster can give us some insight as to what they're doing and we might be able to help them get it done?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/04/22 12:55 PM
Since the OP is going VoIP it's hard to fix what ain't broken smile

Looking around, I have just a boatload of solutions that would work, from the Panasonic KSU's to the Raspberry Pi that could serve 1-5 lines and you pick your phones.

Carl
Posted By: dexman Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/04/22 02:06 PM
I'm hoping that the OP heeds my advice to put the equipment up for sale if the decision is made to undergo a forklift upgrade. Due to the scope of the site is not commercial telephone equipment centric, I'm leery about doing anything that would cause me to lose my Category Lead status. frown
Posted By: Silversam Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/06/22 02:02 AM
I had 1A2 at my house with Caller ID boxes. Admittedly they were only connected to the first line, but even so....

I also had FIOS and FIOS offers caller ID on the TV set. Just leave a TV on all the time if you need caller ID on more than one line wink

I did a quick look through the posts on the website. It appears that the OP doesn't have a clue about the system. How it operates, how to work on it, what it does....

My system at home ran for 40 years with very minimal maintenance. If he doesn't know how to work on it, he should walk away from it or change it out.

Sam
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/06/22 02:27 PM
I didn't start my business until 1981. By then, 1A2 was falling out of favor for those new-fangled electronic key systems(Tie, hack-spit, 612). I think my last 1A2 commercial was in a beer distributor and an office supply dealer around 1984. These were San/Bar and ITT boxes with Valcom intercoms. The beauty of the beer distributor is that they could open and close the warehouse doors from the 10 button set with indicator lights to see if the door was open. Couple of relays did the trick.

On the EKTS side, I picked some winners, Extrom, Tie,Atlas, then I started putting in Comdial and Vodavi and finally Panasonic. I swapped my TD-1232 for a TAW-848, the analog version of the TDA-50, that I still use today.

I still have some Valcom intercoms, a 10-button new in box ITT 2800 series phone, but I think all the KSU's (San/Bar) are long gone. I just didn't have enough room to move them twice.

Carl
Posted By: dexman Re: Residential 1A2 Installation - 05/07/22 12:32 AM
The OP hasn't responded to my last post. I have my doubts that anything else will come of the topic. Oh well,
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help