atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: morephones Any such device or work around? - 11/07/22 05:26 AM
What I would like to do is to access my intercom line from a outside line. For example, to call in on my voip number and be connected to my 1a2 key intercom line to control relays. Any type of device that will do this? I could program my Nortel BCM 50 to answer on a dedicated line and ext and have that ext forward to another line where I do have my intercom connected but I would like to see if I could do with out the Nortel if possible.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Any such device or work around? - 11/07/22 05:04 PM
Viking RAD-AMP in Line Extender Mode?
https://vikingelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/product_manual/RAD-AMP.pdf
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Any such device or work around? - 11/07/22 08:16 PM
If you consider the Viking product, you might want to consider the Grandstream UCM6202. It will give you 2 inlets, 2 outlets, amplification if you need it, and DISA with security and use either VoIP or POTS lines. However, if your BCM has the capacity, the UCM might be a bit more than the RAD-AMP.

I have one set up for an Apartment Entry system. In that case, I use the FXO's for an analog trunk and access to the AES, and the station ports for the entry phone.

Carl
Posted By: Silversam Re: Any such device or work around? - 11/07/22 11:19 PM
I seem to remember people doing something similar with weekend homes/hunting & fishing cabins to turn on the heat when they were on their way up.

I'm going to have to think how they did it....

We're talking a REAL long time ago.

Sam
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Any such device or work around? - 11/08/22 10:29 AM
I second the Viking RAD-1A for DISA-like access with security to access a 1A2 intercom unit. That unit is basically a tree of relays that respond to one- or two-digit dial codes. Coupled with external slave or latching relays, a myriad of devices can be controlled. Yes, this has been done many times in the past.
Posted By: morephones Re: Any such device or work around? - 11/10/22 01:46 AM
Thanks everyone, going to have to look into Viking RAD.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help