atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bob-o Adjunct 1008B rotary to 2564 - 01/11/23 03:00 PM
Good morning, all--

I have a lot of 1A2 fires burning in the old system, some of which I've solved, others I haven't been able to. This is one of them.

I have a 1008B adjunct rotary (from the Autovon days and setup). It's a basic rotary that sits next to the touchtone phone, nothing out of ordinary other than matching up W/W/B/G to a different color cable coming out. Thankfully there's a BSP available and I have that.

When you hook up the rotary connections to the touchtone phone, the connection pulses, but doesn't inturrupt the dial tone. In fact, you can hear the dial tone through each pulse. From what I've been able to read, a normal rotary would be hooked up to F/RR, and GN/R terminals. The touchtone 2564 phone doesn't seem to like that.

Is there a modification that needs to be made in order to interrupt the dial tone and pulse the line? I've been studying all the schematics for the 2564, 564, 2500, 500 phones and I still come back to these terminals as where they're supposed to be, but I don't fully understand the touchtone side of the house--are there terminals to hook up to that bypass that portion of the set?

Thanks in advance!

Bob
Posted By: Bob-o Re: Adjunct 1008B rotary to 2564 - 01/12/23 11:35 PM
So to give an update—I did an experiment and just hooked up the rotary adjunct to another rotary set, and realized that both rotaries have to be in series with each other, not parallel. So I made progress and got two rotaries to operate properly on one set. Then when taking that logic over to my 2565 set, hooking up exact way in series, it didn’t like it (volume was muffled until contact was made in rotary, etc). Long story short still looking for a work around. In the BSP it does say some modifications to make, but they are modifications to an autovon set which I don’t have.
Posted By: Bob-o Re: Adjunct 1008B rotary to 2564 - 01/14/23 02:25 AM
All figured out, got it working nicely, disregard.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Adjunct 1008B rotary to 2564 - 01/27/23 10:36 PM
Well done!

Sam
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help