atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brianmay27 tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/21/07 06:13 PM
ok. well we got a buidling a while back and would you know it came with this coral 2 phone system. the modle number is 440840610. But i am having some problems. first i will ask just some jeneral questions. On the sys. there is the power input. so it is pt13 sgnd, pt12 +vin, and pt11 -vin. I think it is just + - and ground but can some one clear how i should connect it. Next on the two power converters. the rps and pps. there are eather a tp1, tp2. and rtn. What does they mean? also the adjustment screws, are they for power or what? i sope some one here can help
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/21/07 08:13 PM
I highly suggest getting a trained tech in to help you. From your post you are WAY over your head..and messing with power supplies like that could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.
Posted By: walterv Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/21/07 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
I highly suggest getting a trained tech in to help you. From your post you are WAY over your head..and messing with power supplies like that could be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.
You will be way over your head if you are a 25 year tech in this field.

Tadiran is not a product you can pick up a book and fumble through too make it work.

Walter
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/21/07 10:49 PM
well i have nothing to lose. i think the pps is destroyed. when we got the building it was kinds set up. i turned the power on to the power supply and nothing. i took the pps out and the rps did turn on. since this is not ours we do not need it. i was just working on it as a project. So we do not want to get a tech guy out. as you could probably tell it is the pps. but i will just ask this. i believe (cant look at it right now) but the power source puts out 52V dc i think. the first power card. the one that changed the 52 or what ever it is to a voltage it can handle, i think it is the rps, works. if i take the pps out. else none of them will turn on. like i said we dont want to spend money on it. if we get it to work, great if not, we dont need it. We think the company left it because they broke it but if you think it could be something worth trying just name it.

also i asked what the power settup was just beacause i think the setup was really weard. i looked in the brealer box and it was set up like this

Code
+---------+
         |
+---------(ground?)
- --------- -
i think that was the setup. i dont know why but there was a connector connectiog 2 pluses together.
Posted By: Riman Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/22/07 01:32 AM
Originally posted by brianmay27:

...well i have nothing to lose.... wink

Beside your life and any user of that system in the building,
yes you do not have nothing to lose.

If the system is operatable (yet) you can lose the money you can save by reviving it back to work.
call
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/22/07 06:55 AM
I cannot believe this individual is not going to listen and play around with a Loraine DC power supply without ANY electrical training or concept thereof. I hope your health and life insurance are paid up.
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/22/07 10:49 AM
are you guys going to help me or not? we dont want to pay beacause we already have a phone system and are happy with it. if we do get it to work we can use it as a router or give everyone a phone. And yes i dont technecaly have a electrical traning but i have been messing around with electrical stuff. i say i have a good knolage. i would have a electrical knolage but i lyed about my age here... i am really 15. and yes i do have permision to destory it more or fix it.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/22/07 01:10 PM
Originally posted by brianmay27:
are you guys going to help me or not? we dont want to pay beacause we already have a phone system and are happy with it. if we do get it to work we can use it as a router or give everyone a phone. And yes i dont technecaly have a electrical traning but i have been messing around with electrical stuff. i say i have a good knolage. i would have a electrical knolage but i lyed about my age here... i am really 15. and yes i do have permision to destory it more or fix it.
Wow, what more needs to be said. May I make a suggestion? I would not worry about the Coral at all if I were you. I would HEAVILLY suggest you go to school and take classes in english. This is not meant to disrespect you here at all. If you continue to spell and write like that you aren't going to make it very far in the world.

Again, the Tadiran is a very sophisticated phone system. A guy with 20 years in the business without proper training cannot only really hurt themselves and others but, could ruin a perfectly good PBX.

The best help "I" can give you is get a certified Tadiran tech in to look at it and help you.

Good Luck.
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/22/07 02:26 PM
ok thanks for trying. and yes i am bad at spelling. and yet i do ok in english. dont know why a stink but it is a problem i have
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/24/07 06:13 AM
WOW. this was an interesting thread... I guess there are a few of these every now and again..
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/24/07 05:33 PM
Ok i am sorry to keep comming back. ok so the reason the power source was not working was the fuse laugh . never looked. but not the main inverter is working. i know you cant help too much but 2 things. one what should the freq be on. and next. i pluged into the tp ports and the voltage is EVERYWHERE it goes from like 16V to -10 and everywhere in between. is this bad? thanks so much
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/24/07 05:37 PM
Also. i just tested the power source. it is 88V. this is on eq. just thinking of it it should prob be on float
on float it is still 80 volts. I know it should be 60 or so for the system but would it cause it to be all over the place like that?
sorry to keep posting. ok so i am embaresed to say but it was in ac. should of looked at the lable more closer. also it is 120V it is set for 75 i think. it could be because the power source is still 80 volts but i cant tell. Can some one tell me if there is something i can do with the power source or/and if it could not be working because of the power source? thanks
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/25/07 04:07 PM
Hey TTT. Looks like we another live one here..well at least for today. I hope the mod will delete some of these posts as they are simply upping the total posts as opposed to being germain to anything.
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/25/07 04:54 PM
Sorry. i looked for a edit button and could not find it... until now. and why cant you help at all. i mean what forum is this if all you do is say spend 50,000 dollars for something we dont want to spend 50,000 dollars on. Some of this i know you can answere. so the least you could do is point me to somewhere where i can get help
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/25/07 07:01 PM
www.tadiranamerica.com

Have them get you in touch with a local dealer. No one here has told you to spend 50,000 dollars.
Posted By: emark Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 09/28/07 12:00 PM
I agree totally, Coral Tech. This young man is fooling around with the Loraine with 110VAC on the "in" side and 48VDC on the "out" side and is looking to get his hair curled the hard way from my perspective.
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/22/07 05:19 PM
ok. one last thing i swear! please can you just answer yes or no...

so i started having a feeling it is not the boards but the main board. something weird i found is so the connectors connection the power supplies to the rest of the board, the ground, 12V, -12V, 5V, -5V, -48V and 48vrt. I tested the resistance without any boards attached and i found that the ground and the 5V had no resistance so i imagine them connected. next ground and 48vrt has no resistance and 12V + 48Vrt has a bit or resistance but still not 1. Can you please just tell me if this is supposed to be ok... like i said i have no board on the unit so it would not interfere. I would like to just know if i should take it down from the wall and take a look at the back or if it is supposed to be like that and give up.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/23/07 07:04 AM
Call a Vendor... I emplore you.... You are only asking for trouble if you continue on your own.
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/23/07 05:13 PM
whats wrong with that? i love diy laugh . please i really just want to see this up. it is just me that wants to see how it works. everyone working in job already have a phone system. i am not dealing with power here just the circuit. all power is disconnected and all the boards removed. nothing dangerous.
Posted By: walterv Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/23/07 07:03 PM
Well with only 11 posts he has 5 stars... go figure.

Walter
Posted By: brianmay27 Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/23/07 07:22 PM
ok. what is your guys problems with me!? i am on a forum where you ASK questions and people REPLY with answers. So far i have asked very nicely for help with very negative replies and they do not even help. i have stated many times i am not and will never pay for some one to come look at the pbx if i can do it my self for free. i know all you know the answers because they are the most basic of questions but for some reason you do not help. This is a forum, and in a different forum, i am a member and i never tell someone. O you are 15, well you are dealing with high voltage taking taking apart a motherboard, no i tell them how ato do it so they can get it done free. Now i dont care if you hate me the least you could do is tell me A) i have no idea about your question or B) yes this is your problem. i find that easy. I am sorry to blow up but so far saying call some one to come out 10 times and wow this gut is stupid does not seem to be getting anywhere now does it. and i will just say i will not stop posing until i get a answer. even if it is have no idea and no one will.
Posted By: KENB Re: tadiran coral 2 24p help! - 10/23/07 08:00 PM
This post is closed and moved to mod section for review
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help