atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KLD Sprint CTX II - 09/24/07 05:45 PM
Got a call from a lawyer with this thing, with two analog adapters the wiring goes to no where, his VM is hosed and there is a cable from the SMDR to an Intronics MLX-82 (whatever that is).

When Googled, both are MD. Anyone have an idea what, where, why, or wherefor?

Or do I even want to tackle this mess?

:shrug:
Posted By: Winetech Re: Sprint CTX II - 09/24/07 10:35 PM
the MLX-82 is a caller id box
stay away unless you are putting a sprint digital voice (voicebrick)on it RUN
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint CTX II - 09/25/07 04:53 PM
I am the pro on sprint, call me. I can help you.

631-862-1339 ext 222

many voice mails work with this system.

Walter
Posted By: KLD Re: Sprint CTX II - 09/25/07 08:41 PM
Winetech and Walterv, thank you one and all.

Before I could run and hide, we had a terrible lightning storm between 6 and 7:30 a.m. Heavy rain, real hot lightning. eek

8:14 a.m. the log came in.....this individual called....via cell phone....can't call out, trips ring on incoming.

Lightning had hit the telco cable, ruined the C O ports on the KSU, the CID unit is run parallel to the C O KSU ports therefore it went flaky, and the voice mail auto attendant went into night mode. The snap-in lightning units snapped onto the 66-block were shot, shorting out the incoming lines.

Just so happens I had taken another CTX out of service a couple of months ago. Called and acquired this used unit, swapped out the damaged one, got them basic service without CID or VM, and will be installing a new system this weekend. Travel time and all....done by 10 a.m.

BUT I do appreciate you guys offering help so quickly. If you ever need anything, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

wink
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint CTX II - 09/27/07 04:47 PM
Ken,
Anytime, I enjoy your posts and your insight on things, that is thanks enough.

Walter
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help