atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joe Avila Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/12/08 01:48 PM
First off, glad to find a MB with this caliber of information. Thanks for the MB.

I have what I hope is a simple problem with a quick and easy fix. We have a old Coral SL system (aka FlexiCom 200?) running at our facility that we are trying to configure to send the extension/caller id of the calling SDT circuit to an analog phone connected to a SLS circuit on our 16SLS card. SDT to SDT works fine and SLS to SDT also works fine. Is this a limitation of the SLS card or have I possibly missed something in the config? I have provided a list of cards in the main cabinet:
Code
CARDS LIST

shelf#/slot#  p_type     i_type    card_db#   vers/subver  status

0 / 1     2SKW/  08  NO_CARD  ---        1     33      UNAUTHORIZED
     0 / 2     4TMR/S     4TMR     1          14    35      ACTIVE
     0 / 3     4TMR/S     4TMR     0          14    35      ACTIVE
     0 / 4     16SDT      24SDT    ---        1     20      ACTIVE
     0 / 5     16SLS/H    24SLS    0          1     18      ACTIVE
     0 / 6     4DRCM      4DRM     ---        2     11      ACTIVE
(remainder are empty)

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide.

Regards,
Joe Avila
Posted By: Muter Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/13/08 04:37 AM
Joe Avila, unfortunately, your problem cannot be fixed in quick and easy way.
As I remember, your system must meet 3 conditions:

1. Version of Coral system software must be 14 or higher (14 is the latest possible version for Coral SL=Coral FlexiCom 200). You have perhaps version 10?
2. Version of SLS card must be 3.XX or higher. (you have 1.18). You have to change the appropriate EEPROM in motherboard.
3. You must have iDSP card (it is caller id generator) in expansion cabinet, because Coral SL doesn't have this generator in motherboard. I see you don't have this exp cabinet at all.

So - you can upgrade your system to use this feature (caller ID on SLT phones), but it will be expensive. I would better upgrade to Coral FlexiCom R500, if this feature is critical for you. Caller id generators are built into R500 motherboard, you only have to authorize this feature without additional equipment.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/13/08 09:27 AM
Depending on how many actual extensions you are using, you could upgrade to an IPX Office. The IPXOffice is very expandable and just as flexible as the rest of the Coral line of products.
Posted By: Joe Avila Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/13/08 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Muter:
[b]Joe Avila, unfortunately, your problem cannot be fixed in quick and easy way.
As I remember, your system must meet 3 conditions:

1. Version of Coral system software must be 14 or higher (14 is the latest possible version for Coral SL=Coral FlexiCom 200). You have perhaps version 10?[/b]
Yes, 10.21.05 actually.

2. Version of SLS card must be 3.XX or higher. (you have 1.18). You have to change the appropriate EEPROM in motherboard.
3. You must have iDSP card (it is caller id generator) in expansion cabinet, because Coral SL doesn't have this generator in motherboard. I see you don't have this exp cabinet at all.
We have the expansion cabinet on our system. The cards in the system are provided below:
So - you can upgrade your system to use this feature (caller ID on SLT phones), but it will be expensive. I would better upgrade to Coral FlexiCom R500, if this feature is critical for you. Caller id generators are built into R500 motherboard, you only have to authorize this feature without additional equipment.
Thank you so much for the information. At least I have something to go back to my management with to see how important this really is to them.

Regards,
Joe Avila
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/13/08 11:36 AM
His expansions are full. He'll need an IPX500 or IPxOffice with an 800 expansion cabinet.
Posted By: Muter Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 12:44 AM
The IPxOffice documentation allows using Coral SL expansion cabinets with main IPxOffice cabinet.
But as engineer I don't like this configuration, though I cannot explain why. smile
I agree with Coral Tech - I would use IPx500 main cabinet and IPx800 expansion cabinet. In this configuration you can use 4TMR cards from your old system in slots 1-3 of IPx500, and all the large cards from Coral SL exp cabinets in IPx800 cabinet.
I hope your local dealer can suggest different options and together with you choose the best alternative.
Posted By: Riman Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 02:18 AM
If you wish to avoid system replacement:
Add a CNS to the base unit changing the DRM ro DRCM. allowing CONF (and digital trunk sync!)
Replace the CONF card with CID card.
Add NEW SLS card in slot 1/4.

But,
As CT and TTT said, You can always replace the base with office and connect the current expansion to it.

BR
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 06:08 AM
Actually he must have the CNF card already because they have CONF configured for 15 party conference and not C/3WAY.
Posted By: Muter Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 08:26 AM
To Riman:
It is rather witty idea of addind CID functionality without system replacement, but don't forget there is no physical slot 1/4 in CSLX. CSLX1 - slots 1,2,3, CSLX2 - slots 5,6,7.
And, as you have mentioned, it's interesting how does the system works with PRI in slave mode without CNSsl card?
Rather mysterious system, do you agree with me? 112 digital ports, 16 SLTs, 8 analogue trunks, and 2SKW in UNAUTHORIZED mode...
To Joe Avila: maybe the best choice would be to replace 16SLSsl with 8D8Ssl and buy 8 additional digital phones? smile
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 10:29 AM
Unless he is using those 16 analog ports for analog devices for an IVR or something like that so they need CID for additional security? I suppose, he could lose the 2 4TMR's, get one 8T card in slot 3. Get an SL PRI23 card in slot 2 remove one of the large PRI23 cards and replace it with a iDSP card. Of course, you still have to update all the software etc....
Posted By: Joe Avila Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 02:03 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. I inherited this PBX when taking the job. We don't use any of the wireless functions so the card is basically there to keep the room warm. All the suggestions I've seen are great. The reality is that we're simply trying to bolt a VoIP solution onto the existing Tadiran. The analog lines obviously are not going to work without a significant investment in hardware let alone trying to find the right firmware. We're going to take a different approach and put the VoIP system with 2 T1 PRI cards ahead of the Tadiran and then manage all of the call routing using the more advanced VoIP system. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Joe Avila
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 02:09 PM
Why not simply upgrade to version 14 and put a voip card in your system where the skw card is? Makes all the difference knowing what you intend to really do and I would hazzard a damn sight cheaper to goto version 14 (software) nuke the skw card and install a voip card.
Posted By: Joe Avila Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 02:13 PM
To Coral Tech:

If I'm not mistaken, the Tadiran VoIP does not support SCCP. We have a mix of SIP and SCCP devices that we must support (thanks to management and their love of Cisco IP phones). Also, I didn't think you could put an IP card in the Coral SL.

Joe Avila
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Coral SL Caller ID on SLS Ports - 11/14/08 10:25 PM
Yep, the Coral SL will support VOIP at version 14 with a UGW or better card. Unfortunately you will only be able to support MGCP (basically their phones and softphones). If you opt for version 15 and put in an ipxoffice you can then go SIP.

Good Luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help