atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: efrench515 QSIG Routing - 11/06/09 05:04 AM
I have a Coral connected via a QSIG PRI to a Cisco Call Manager. I have configured a trunk group of 7094 with all of the channels of the PRI. However I can not figure out how to route calls over the PRI. What I would like to do is if the Tadiran user dials "30XX" send it over the PRI with no modification. I will also need the ability to light the message waiting light using "30XX1901" and MWI off of "30XX1900". I created a Routing Access group of 30 with an index of 2 (Same as another routing group but it would not let me make an index 3). Then I attempted to make a General routing access rule but whenever I modified 30 of also modified 80. I think I am making this harder than it is please help.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: QSIG Routing - 11/06/09 06:48 AM
You are. I would suggest getting a local Tadiran vendor to help you. It's apparent, after your last question and this one, that you haven't been certified on the equipment you are servicing. I would be doing you and the guys that went to school on the equipment a disservice if I walked you through what needed to be done. If you read your terms of service here, this board is focused on certified techs helping techs or the occasional end user with end user stuff.
Posted By: efrench515 Re: QSIG Routing - 11/06/09 12:19 PM
The problem We have is they are transitioning from the Tadiran to the Cisco and the Tadiran vendor has refused to help. But thanks any ways, I have been doing telecom for over 20 years and I will figure it out.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: QSIG Routing - 11/06/09 01:47 PM
You might consider calling Tadian directly and see if they can find another dealer in your area. Good Luck!
Posted By: mdrake Re: QSIG Routing - 11/11/09 09:57 AM
I would like to say that the local Tadiran Dealer has not been contacted so therefore has not refused help. If helped was asked it would be done on a Time and Material basis. the user "efrench515" is not Tadiran trained and is looking for free help. I would not offer any help to him
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: QSIG Routing - 11/19/09 02:12 PM
In my opinion as many Cisco's as I have seen go so poorly, with horrible voice quality, and outages every time the network goes down. Not to mention that the Coral Call Processor runs on a windoz server, and the licensing you have to purchase for each user, phone, voicemail box, etc. And not to mention the fact you have to continually purchase those licenses every 2 years to stay current. I know of several Cisco installs that have been replaced, and that will be replaced before the software renewal comes around.
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: QSIG Routing - 11/19/09 02:16 PM
You'd be better off staying with Tadiran. But if you really want to peruse the endeavor, look at setting up the Cisco as network node slave off the Tadiran with numbers that match inbound DID's on windoz server. Depending on the version of the Tadiran you could also setup a network node using SIP trunks back to the windoz server.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help