atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telman3756497 Protege CTX CID question - 12/19/09 11:42 AM
Looking for some help with a Protegé CTX.
I got a call to activate CID on an existing Protegé CTX system. My customer has an I&M manual and I looked thru it to find a way to do this. I do not have experience with the Protégé but I noticed that the CID is an add-on and that programming requires a lap top with software installed. I have not found a vendor and by doing a search online it looks like they may be scarce. Any comments or suggestions might help me out. I install and service NEC-DSX, ds-1000, 2000, Partner, some Panasonic and a few others but have not had an opportunity to work with the Sprint systems. What do you think?
Thanks.
tz
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/19/09 01:59 PM
The Protege CTX has the ability to pass on CID, however you need an ancillary product from Tel-Control.

2 models: MLX-41 (4-line) and MLX-81 (8-line)

SPRINT Protege CTX/MTX/LTX had the software ability and it wasn't until the 308 cabinet cam out that the hardware was installed on the motherboard. The 308 can also be doubled to a 616.

Each major version of software requires it particular version of proprietary for communication.

The interface to communicate is a DB-9...make sure you have a port on your laptop.

If you need the software I can help, however to find the version of software you need to take the cover off the KSU and read the numbers on the EEPROMS.

I have further documentation if you chose to proceed further.
Posted By: telman3756497 Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/19/09 02:20 PM
Thanks for answering my post.
The MLX-41 is the one I need. They seem to be hard to find. Still searching ...
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/20/09 08:52 AM
Here is a link to the installation manual. Incase the one you find doesn't have one.

and here is a link that has one for sale:

I am not associated with nor have any connection with either of these sites. smile

I just love doing research...

EDIT: Please don't post this type information in public view. There is a manuals link at the top of the page also.
Posted By: telman3756497 Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/21/09 04:54 AM
Thanks!
Only one problem... The links didn't show up on your post. Unless I am doing something wrong.
Hmmm.??? :confused:
Posted By: telman3756497 Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/21/09 05:52 AM
I see that there is an "EDIT" involved. Could you please email me the links?
Thanks for all your help
Posted By: telman3756497 Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/21/09 06:51 AM
On hold!!!
My customer changed his mind!
Thanks Again
tz
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Protege CTX CID question - 12/21/09 07:30 AM
Got your email
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help