atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 6string Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/05/10 05:25 PM
RMP: R24UT1.Y10
KSU: R24UT1.Z10

-8 POTS lines
-38 phones/1 DSS
-8 port Hard drive (Protege'/ICE voice)

Customer complaint - Intermittent issue (roughly 5 times a week). I have not been able to duplicate it yet. All calls are answered by the receptionist. She is telling me that when she does a direct transfer to ext. 402's (for example) mailbox that the caller will get ext.436's mailbox. The customer zero's out back to her and they say "I asked for Joe Smith and the mailbox greeting said it was Suzy Que".
Also, there have been complaints that when internal extensions call other internal extensions that intermittently they will get the wrong person. "I dialed 410 and Joe at 428 answered at his desk.

Work completed so far:
-replaced the back plane of main cabinet
-check all extension feature keys
-called many,many times to try to duplicate to no avail.
-checked that all VM ports answer individually and I can transfer to each.
-ran a maintenance check/test on the KSU through programming. All came back okay.
-watched the receptionist to be sure she is transferring correctly.

My hunch is that there are DTMF's being confused in translation by the system. I'm not sure how to check this though on a Tadiran ICE. Technical support has been no help other than to say that it should not be doing that.

Phone System issue or Voice Mail issue?
What can I check for?

Thanks!
Posted By: Mars Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/05/10 06:48 PM
6string, did you happen to talk to Joe at Tadiran, he is pretty much the only one I will talk to on ICE issues.

I was also having a similar issue on a couple other systems I am starting to wonder if it has to do with some of these carriers using voip technology and it confusing the DTMF like you said.
Posted By: 6string Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/05/10 06:56 PM
I didn't talk to Joe but one of my co-workers did and he doesn't know what would cause it. I was sent in today to get a set of fresh eyes on the trouble.
Thats funny you say that because the receptionist also complains about intermittent incomplete calls. She will dial a number and wait forever, then finally the line will drop. She tries again and it goes through. Don't know....
Really though, on second thought. That wouldn't effect intercom calls and transferring to VM.

Thanks Mars!
Posted By: Mars Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/05/10 07:10 PM
the only thing I can think of is getting the customer involved in trouble shooting. Keeping a log all the details dates time line number all that sort of thing, there has to be a common thread here. Other option would be see if maybe they are interested in switching carriers.
Posted By: 6string Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/05/10 07:34 PM
The customer gave me a list of transferred extensions and the date that they happened. There is no regularity to it and I tested those extensions on the list. I'll check to see if they switched carriers last year or if they would be willing to do so now. Good tip.

Thanks for your help Mars!
Posted By: reataylor Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/07/10 07:11 AM
Carrier issues would not affect internal calls. Would a default and reload program be a possible help?
Posted By: 6string Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 04/07/10 05:04 PM
Well, good possibility it might help. We have cold started and sent programming back part by part to alleviate any static memory issue's. Perhaps the next step will be a cold start and send a re-programmed database to the system from scratch.
Thanks for your help reataylor!
Posted By: Bryanmastertech Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 05/07/10 08:01 PM
Outcome??????????

Bryan
Posted By: 6string Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 05/31/10 06:56 PM
Update -
I personally think it was database corruption. Although we did replace the remaining cards. They have a new system at this point. The customer was so frustrated and this issue had gone on way to long. We didn't want to take anymore time troubleshooting then needed so we re-programmed a fresh database and replaced the remaining cards in one trip. The problem has subsided ever since.
Posted By: walterv Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 07/07/10 02:37 PM
Sorry I was late to the game, I was banned a few years ago and that's why.

I dumped the Emerald Ice after about 100 installs. Joe from Tadiran is definitely the guy you want to talk to, he is an old time telephone guy and very knowledgeable on the Ice. It's been about 3.5 years since I installed my last Ice system but here is what I found in my experience and here is some background on the product for those that don't know.

The ICE is a product made by Tecom (China Manufacture that has been around a long time). It is similar to the Sprint Protege and Vodavi line.
I mention this for the reason that when weird problems occur it is 9 times out of 10 a software corruption. First step is to dump software and re-key in new programming.
What I have also found with the ICE is that once you go into an expansion cabinet and start to bring the system to the max capacity, more problems start to occur. Base cabinet maxed seems to be trouble free, add a card or so to the second cabinet and all still seems to be ok, go further, in my experience you have a problem.

Also be aware that if your in an area where RFI may be a problem the system is toast.

Second also, Plantronics wireless headsets do not work well with the display phone.

Walter
Posted By: 6string Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 07/07/10 05:00 PM
Thanks for the post Walter. It is helpful to hear your experience with the product. I think Joe is the only tech. support guy they have, isn't he?
Posted By: reataylor Re: Emerald ICE Transfer Issue - 07/08/10 07:07 AM
Tadiran has quite a few techs. They are more up on the bigger systems, but all are quality techs. Joe handles most of the ICE calls and has the system down pat.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help