atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dukeplc CTX cascade ring - 09/15/11 11:50 AM
I've installed a Protege CTX system for a client (A BIG THANK YOU to Professor Shadow for the assist). I'd like to be able to program the CO lines (Comcast VOIP, btw) so they ring to the operator and after a designated amount of rihgs -- ring an additional group of extentions. Is this possible? If so, please give me a clue (since I don't have one).

I've searched the forums and researched the documentation for RMP. I'm a novice on Protege, so I'm either overlooking something, or it's not there.

Thanks for the assistance.
Posted By: dukeplc Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/15/11 12:42 PM
Also, does a RMP manual exist? I've tried a google search and can't seem to locate one.
Posted By: dukeplc Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/16/11 09:33 PM
found a site that has the Sprint Master Library on CD.

https://www.quick-manuals.com/contents/en-us/p7421.html

I'm looking specifically for the following:

Sprint CTX Configuration Guide
Sprint CTX Programming
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/17/11 06:37 AM
Originally posted by dukeplc:I'd like to be able to program the CO lines (Comcast VOIP, btw) so they ring to the operator and after a designated amount of rihgs -- ring an additional group of extentions. Is this possible? If so, please give me a clue (since I don't have one). [/QB]
There are a couple of ways of doing this:

Set Day Ring to the Operator (default x201), then set ALT Ring to the other extensions.

If there are not enough positions in ALT RING POSITION, then make the ALT RING POSITION a UCD group (example 430).

If you look under Call Handling Cat 3, you will find Ring Alt. Ringing Position Timer this will be the delay timer between the 'operator' and all others.

You can get as complicated or as simple as you like.
Posted By: dukeplc Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/18/11 09:59 PM
Thanks Dean. I started playing around with UCD and thought the answer would be there. Basically, I'll create a hunt group (430) and put my extentions there and place that group in the alt ring position.

The software works great and I'm really starting to like the CTX. Customer is extremely happy.

Thanks for all your help. BTW I added a OHP 3000 for MOH. Scored one off ebay and it works great. For OH paging, I used a PASO Series 3000 amp. It has a VOX input, so the OH paging mutes the music automatically.
Posted By: dukeplc Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/19/11 11:00 AM
Runnin' like a scalded dog, Dean.

Thanks a bunch.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: CTX cascade ring - 09/20/11 03:41 PM
Good to hear it.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help