atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a customer with a 500 and Simplicity vm. They want to use one of the ports as an announcer. Tadiran has a tech bulletin on how to do this, which I followed to the "T". The problem I am running into is with the hunt group. I set up the hunt group and leave everything at default except changing the type to ACD and adding the members. I took an available DID and pointed it at the hunt group in the Offset Filter.I must be missing something because when I call it i get a busy signal. I tried the same thing on an Office cabinet with a uCMC and got the same result. I don't have much experience using Hunt Groups other than for voicemail set up. If i set the group as UCD it works just fine. Any idea what I'm missing?
If you set the hunt group as ACD, you are going to get a busy signal because none of the members are logged in. I don't think that is necessary. I thought you would have to define the ports as VM. It's been a while since I have done this.
I think you can also set the particular port as an "announcer"
Pretty sure the port needs to be out of the VM hunt group and stand alone with ANNOUNCER to Y. You must have valid agents logged in to get something other than a busy signal. UCD are considered always logged in unless released, DND, or CFA to a destination. You won't trigger an announcer port until you have a valid ACD agent and they are busy.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help