atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bolts Upright AT&T Yahoo? - 09/30/08 06:43 AM
I logged into my yahoo email account this morning and it's AT&T Yahoo. I don't recall any notification about this. Did I miss something?
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: AT&T Yahoo? - 09/30/08 11:28 AM
Yeah along time ago! No seriously AT&T merged, acquired, one of those things a while back. I've had AT&T U-Verse for a year now and it was AT&T/Yahoo then.
Posted By: mjw Re: AT&T Yahoo? - 09/30/08 11:59 AM
AT&T Yahoo! is an information service sold by AT&T Internet Services. It is a partnership between AT&T, Inc. and Yahoo! Inc. to provide co-branded dial-up and DSL Internet service.

The AT&T Yahoo! high-speed service is only offered to customers who receive telephone service from AT&T in the former SBC service areas. Customers of the former BellSouth will still be provided broadband under the FastAccess DSL service during AT&T's integration of BellSouth.

From 2003 to January 1, 2006, the ISP was known as SBC Yahoo!; due to the SBC and AT&T merger, its name was changed.

Other ISPs owned by AT&T include Prodigy, whose customers were urged to migrate to the SBC Yahoo! service, and AT&T WorldNet, which still exists after the SBC/AT&T merger to serve customers not in SBC's existing service areas. AT&T also used to provide broadband Internet through cable under its AT&T Broadband division; that division was sold to Comcast in 2002.

Yahoo! also provides Internet service with other companies besides AT&T, such as Verizon and Rogers Communications in Canada as Verizon Yahoo! and Rogers Yahoo!, with BT Yahoo! in the UK for BT Group respectively.

As of April 2008 the partnership between AT&T and Yahoo! has ended. The new term for the former AT&T Yahoo! Internet is AT&T High Speed Internet.

via wikipedia
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: AT&T Yahoo? - 09/30/08 12:24 PM
Holy Cow.... I can't keep up. These companies swap each other and have more affairs than the cast of Friends.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: AT&T Yahoo? - 09/30/08 03:41 PM
I prefer the expression "Changes hands more often than a bar of soap" smile John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help