atcomsystems.ca/forum
https://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10094180-94.html

NEW YORK--Cisco Systems is teaming up with the New York Yankees to offer baseball fans an interactive experience at the ballpark and eventually bring that experience to their living rooms.

At a press conference in Manhattan on Tuesday, Cisco CEO John Chambers unveiled details of a new network the company is building for the Bronx Bombers to help them integrate voice, video, and data into their new stadium, which is set to open in April 2009.
My only question is.....Wonder if they will be able to make or take a phone call!!
Good thing I was born and raised a Mets fan.... Too bad for my in-laws - they're Yankees fans.

Other than the in-suite units, I don't understand why it has to be IP-based. For the most part it's going to be the same video feed to all monitors. I guess, it's the location-dependant function for directing people to the closest exits that would require different content for each unit. Which is a function that should be better served with standard signs and emergency exit lights... what if after a game, the server crashes? People will be stuck in the stadium, not knowing how to get out......

I like the idea of integrating cell-phone content, such that you could get the hot dog guy to come to you instead of looking around for him, and hoping he notices you.
Originally posted by upstateny:
My only question is.....Wonder if they will be able to make or take a phone call!!
Funny, but true. Are they going to be able to call anywhere?? haha
Originally posted by RobCalltrol:
I don't understand why it has to be IP-based.
It's fashionable. Throw "IP" in the mix and some people won't question it. "It's the latest and greatest... I must have it!"

I was talking to someone this week about a new sound system in their church and they wanted it to be digital or IP. I asked why and they couldn't tell me. I explained how analog was FAR cheaper and still the way to go. Somewhere they got this goofy idea in their head that a digital system was like fairly dust.

A phone still makes a really good phone (way to call other people). ... if you catch my drift.
"IP" is that the same as "It's Phantabulous"?
Or maybe "Its Preposterous"? Man,I hope I didn't start something! smile John C.
Let's not stray from the original post in the news thread.

Please feel free to start a thread in the Phone Booth and point back to this thread if you so desire.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help