atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kyle Sprint to cut 2000-2500 more employees - 11/10/09 07:01 AM
https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Sprint-Announces-Job-Cuts-105417
Posted By: jacktel Re: Sprint to cut 2000-2500 more employees - 11/10/09 07:49 AM
I'm sure that cutting up to 2500 jobs will have some impact on the "Customer satisfaction level". Since Sprint is moving into the 4G transition level,I thought they were ahead of the curve in new technology. Their open platform policy with various other hardware and software companies is going to leapfrog them ahead if they get through this hard economic period.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Sprint to cut 2000-2500 more employees - 11/10/09 11:33 AM
Wow, that's gonna hurt. Think Verizon Wireless will benefit?
Posted By: ICC_Marco Re: Sprint to cut 2000-2500 more employees - 12/28/09 09:44 AM
I think that Sprint service and customer service is still very good and not sure why they are struggling. Maybe because they have some of the most reasonable plans in the industry? Though i notice that is changing with plans loaded to pay for the fancy phones.
Posted By: Matt1964 Re: Sprint to cut 2000-2500 more employees - 12/29/09 05:54 AM
Here's one reason why they are struggling:

Incompetent/greedy senior management: Firing 2500 people and then giving one man up to 3.6 million.

Also, I think the Clearwire deal isn't coming together quite as well as they had hoped.
------------------------------------------

Sprint has given its chief financial officer special and incentive bonuses in anticipation of finding his successor.

Robert Brust had come out of retirement at age 64 to become the company’s CFO in May 2008. He worked under a two-year agreement that ends next May 1.

The changes to the employment agreement allow Brust to remain in the post beyond his intended end date, which gives Sprint ample time to recruit, bring in and transition to a new CFO, spokesman James Fisher said.

“He will stay on up to another year,” Fisher said.

As he does, Brust will collect $50,000 a month under a special bonus. He also is slated to receive an “incentive award target opportunity” of $3 million in Sprint stock and stock options for 2010.

Other changes were outlined in the company's filing today with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Fisher said he was unaware whether the company has begun looking for a successor.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help