atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel Laid-Off Nortel Workers get the screw again - 11/26/09 06:42 PM
Huge bonuses for big shots while laid off employees get zip. Story here
That is sad.
I have a cousin that had been with Nortel for 24 years in R&D on the DMS in Raleigh NC that was given a pink slip last year with nothing more than a "Have a nice life" from Nortel.
My aunt's brother worked for Nortel for years in Richardson TX. He got laid off last year too. It's not a good situation...but the same exact thing happened at my school last year. They laid off 100 some people and the president got a big bonus and contract extension.
At least Ciena is saving some jobs for them.
I hate hearing about this kind of thing happening. I put in 16 years with MCI/Worldcum/Verizon Business, got too old, got the axe.
Sucks, man!
I hate it and know what it is like.
The first half on 2010 I was unemployed and except for the fishing I did...I had a tought time with it.

Everyone is subject to being kicked to the curb now by any company...You are just a resource and can be replaced no matter what you do.

Best of luck in your endeavors.
the worst thing for thier canadian employees, they self insured so now all former employees are having thier benefits cut, my uncle has lost all his insurance coverage
I thought Canada had a national health care system????
Jay is talking about the other benefits that are not covered by the national health care system, such as vision care, dental, drug plan, etc.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help