atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 Telephone show - 03/31/10 07:31 PM
Found this link on another site of an antique phone show near me in Nebraska. It is located in an old AT&T Underground Coax site that was used during the Cold War w/ their transcontinental cable system. A few pics on the site as well.

https://www.strombergcarlsontelephone.com/lyons_show/LSHOW.htm
Posted By: justbill Re: Telephone show - 03/31/10 07:39 PM
I'm not going to be here on that date, but really sounds interesting. I've been in the one in Chadron, which is now private residential property. Thanks for the link.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Telephone show - 03/31/10 07:48 PM
those shows look like fun but none are near me. closest thing would be the Hamvention and I bet they might have phone stuff for sale/swap.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Telephone show - 04/02/10 09:25 AM
Pretty cool. But to far for me
Posted By: johhz Re: Telephone show - 04/02/10 05:50 PM
Hamvention does have quite a bit of telephone stuff, but the guys selling there think it gold. I usually bought cellular gear. One year I had the entire back seat of the airplane filled right to the ceiling. We always had to get a hotel reservation 1 year in advance. In order to get parked real close, my wife and I would drive to the site at 2:00AM, and sleep in the car until the gates opened. I think about 8:00AM. Great fun, and so many people.
Posted By: James Darrens Re: Telephone show - 12/15/10 10:30 PM
Originally posted by ffej010:
Found this link on another site of an antique phone show near me in Nebraska. It is located in an old AT&T Underground Coax site that was used during the Cold War w/ their transcontinental cable system. A few pics on the site as well.

https://www.strombergcarlsontelephone.com/lyons_show/LSHOW.htm
Wow, talk about history
Posted By: hawk82 Re: Telephone show - 12/16/10 12:00 PM
I have a friend who goes to the Nebraska show. Always a fun time he told me. He brought back some equipment for the Antique Telephone Museum that he (and now myself) is a member of.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help