atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/26/12 05:14 AM
The Loonie & Greenback may be seeing thier last days! Story here.
Posted By: dexman Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/26/12 10:00 AM
I'll take cash over convenience. :thumb:
So dex, you don;t carry a debit or credit card?

I do agree, I am a little scared of the prospect of everything being stored in one place...oh wait I do that with my wallet already.

Truthfully, think of what info will be gathered:
Joe calls Mary all the time,
Joe lives at this place,
Mary at that place,
Mary has 2 kids that have allergies.
Joe just bought cigarretes.
Joe serches for something on his smart phone and gets googe ads for smokes, allergy pills, and women's suppliments.
The cross reference potential is scary.
Will we be able to edit what info is being gathered? no.
Also there are purchases that you may not want your name associated with. Such as that inflatable sheep you bought as a gag gift at the adult novelty store.

I want to keep things separate as possible and there is always going to be a need for cash
Posted By: dexman Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/27/12 07:10 PM
Credit...yup. Debit...nope.

The plastic only comes out for big purchases. Other than that....its cash & carry.

I realize that many people like not having to carry around a wallet filled with cash, but....in light of the security breaches that are still happening all too often....I'm not ready to go the debit card route. Ditto for using my smart phone as a credit/debit card instrument.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/30/12 06:21 AM
Cash here, too. I don't have any credit cards and only use the Debit card for larger purchases. I also do not own a "smart device" (since we can no longer really call them phones). I have a VZ pay-as-you-go flip phone... and I pay for the refill cards in cash. smile
Posted By: Jadix Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/30/12 10:39 AM
Always buy your inflatable sheep with cash...
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 04/30/12 05:42 PM
Does Karen know about this? :rofl:
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Phones poised to challenge credit cards - 06/08/12 10:16 AM
I use a TracFone and it does all I need it to. It sends calls and receives calls when I turn it on. It's also a pretty cheap means to communicate, when you want to.

I do use credit cards, but only when necessary. I am trying to follow my fathers know-how and pay cash for what I want and need. It does save money has you have to wait to buy that spurge until you've saved for it. By then, it's no longer important to you. That way I have my money and not just another thing I had to have that is tossed in a corner.

Now, if one could only find a seed for that "cash tree" we've heard about.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help