atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hawk82 Union strike at Fairpoint over - 02/24/15 01:58 AM
https://bangordailynews.com/2015/02/22/business/fairpoint-unions-accept-deal-ending-lengthy-strike/

PORTLAND, Maine — About 1,700 FairPoint employees in northern New England will return to work Wednesday after members of two unions approved new three-year contracts with the company.

The contracts approved in votes over the weekend will end the strike started Oct. 17, 2014 at 131 days, putting into effect contracts with some concessions from two unions representing about 800 workers in Maine.
Posted By: dexman Re: Union strike at Fairpoint over - 03/01/15 07:32 PM
Now there are rumblings that FairPoint may be hanging the "For Sale" sign. I heard the report an hour or so ago on WBZ here in Boston.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Union strike at Fairpoint over - 03/02/15 02:04 AM
If that happens, I'm sure that CenturyLink will buy it. Hey, if an independent can purchase and entire RBOC (US West/QWest), a little bit of Verizon's former territory should be pocket change for them.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: Union strike at Fairpoint over - 03/02/15 02:19 AM
After my parents and I moved out of our house in Bath, Maine, we were still getting bills from them in Alabama for about 6 months... They still owe us $40 from like four years ago.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Union strike at Fairpoint over - 03/02/15 06:57 AM
I think I got a couple of shares of FairPoint stock in a distribution. Since they filed bankruptcy at some time, I just consider them worthless.

I also got some number of Frontier shares in that spinoff. It might be worth about $200 smile

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help