atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/12/16 09:00 PM
It appears that Comcast is experiencing a major phone outage. The outage began around 2:30PM. SMB's cannot make or receive calls in our area.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/13/16 12:08 AM
Every thing ok here
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/13/16 12:19 AM
Looks like NY is not on the outage map, but most of New England is. So is FL...
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/13/16 02:53 PM
There is widespread outage of both phone and internet service here in Western PA. Anyone with cloud based services using Comcast is down, completely. Our customers with systems linked via network that is provided by Comcast are down, but, at least, they have working phones in the offices.

I'll never forget what one of their "engineers" told me while trying to resolve a line voltage issue: "Well, you know, we are NOT a telephone company."

YEP!

Rcaman
Posted By: upstateny Re: Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/13/16 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rcaman
I'll never forget what one of their "engineers" told me while trying to resolve a line voltage issue: "Well, you know, we are NOT a telephone company."

Rcaman

Hmmm. .... you are selling telephone services so i would say that makes you a telephone company!

A horrible one perhaps but still a phone company now
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Comcast Phone Outage *NATIONWIDE* - 07/17/16 04:41 AM
Their service was most definitely out here. It was out at the bar I work nights in, and the pizza joint across the street I wanted to order from that night. Strangely, the outage seemed to be only the business accounts. Residential phone service from Comcast, at least in my house and a friend's house, was unaffected. Before anyone gives me any static, I did get off my butt and walk across the street and order the pie in person. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help