atcomsystems.ca/forum
CenturyLink's copper replacement plan could spur protests by consumers, CLECs
Posted By: Anonymous Re: And it's Centurylink's turn to abandon copper... - 11/16/19 02:36 PM
I am sorry, I just saw this, and I don't mean to hijack a thread, but what is the status for centurylinks "quest" to get rid of copper? I live in an area that is centurylink territory (formerly Carolina Telephone&Telegraph) and I called them on this subject about a year ago and they said they did not have plans to do it, but I was unsure weather to believe that or not.
While it's true that we tend to avoid tacking onto old threads, I don't see the harm in this case since there's no change in the subject matter. I'm also in CT&T territory (Fayetteville/Cumberland Co.) and CenturyLink is quite alive and well here. We have no problems getting services from them and they seem to be fairly good at copper plant installation and maintenance. The only problem we have is on circuits that were formerly owned by Level3 that have been taken over by CenturyLink. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing when there are issues. The only other issue is when calling CTL repair. They speak another language.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: And it's Centurylink's turn to abandon copper... - 11/26/19 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by EV607797
While it's true that we tend to avoid tacking onto old threads, I don't see the harm in this case since there's no change in the subject matter. I'm also in CT&T territory (Fayetteville/Cumberland Co.) and CenturyLink is quite alive and well here. We have no problems getting services from them and they seem to be fairly good at copper plant installation and maintenance. The only problem we have is on circuits that were formerly owned by Level3 that have been taken over by CenturyLink. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing when there are issues. The only other issue is when calling CTL repair. They speak another language.

Yes sir you are right on all account about them. They took over in this area for what was before them embarq, and I know all to well about calling repair, as my calls always end up in a foreign country, and thank you for your repsonse kind sir.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help