atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ed Lentz 5000 freezing up - 12/08/09 05:16 AM
Practically from day 1 with the 5000 system, every once in awhile the system will "freeze" that's the best I can describe it. All the phones will give a OFF-Hook indication as soon as you pick it up, you know that awful screeching. The system won't do anything but that. No alarms anywhere. the only thing to do is a hard reboot. Anyone know how or why this happens. Like I said, almost every one of these has done it at one time or another. thanks for any hints.
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/08/09 02:17 PM
Different software versions? We have had that happen on a few of the 2.1 systems. Odd and hard reboot fixes for awhile.
Posted By: Ed Lentz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/09/09 06:59 PM
Yeah it appears to be for all versions, except for 3,1, probably too new yet t see it
Posted By: DND ON Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/10/09 04:52 AM
I don’t get the screeching noise, but a couple times a month I’ll have a problem where call processing just stops. You can ping the system on the network, but it’s not doing anything. Mostly with 2.3 and 2.4 sites; no issues with 3.1 and 3.2 yet.

The logs never show anything. It’s reboot and move on.
Posted By: Ed Lentz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/10/09 07:21 AM
It is annoying for sure
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/10/09 12:12 PM
I think it is related to power, we have never seen it on systems with BBU's only on systems that do not have them, have suspected it is related to a power brown out causing processing to bump but the expander canbinet to stay up.
Randy
Posted By: DND ON Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/10/09 05:20 PM
Every one of my systems is on UPS and properly grounded. Inter-Tel tech support looks at the logs files and hasn't a clue.

At two of my sites, Inter-Tel actually flew out an engineer and replaced the systems. One of them I had to reboot again last night!
Posted By: Ed Lentz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/10/09 06:33 PM
We put our systems on UPS as well. It seems to happen with no reason. At least I am not alone
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/29/09 05:54 AM
I'd like to blame the issue on our cold weather, but can't. <grin>
Have had a mess of systems with the lock up issue / off hook issue / can't make outgoing calls and nothing really in common to the systems - different versions from 1.2 up to 3.2, UPS on all systems, solid grounding, different CO's. Logs show nothing. Frustrating for all involved with no real fix other than a reboot.
Posted By: Ed Lentz Re: 5000 freezing up - 12/29/09 06:33 AM
Can't even blame overheating! Since all are in different environments.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help